The Promise of Adventure.

"Hey mind if I come over tonight?"
Reggy asked tossing up up the Pokeball into the air. I stared at mine confussed and angry. There was a third pokeball, that could have been anything, even a Pikachu, ha, that would have made Chewy go just nuts.
     "Hello? Earth to Austin? A plain ole no will suffice."
     "Huh? Oh sorry yeah you can come over no problem"
     "Cool cool, meet ya later"
     "Alright see ya then." I said and hopped up the steps to the porch.
     "Hey mom, back from my walk." I said as I entered the hallway. Our old familier home was.... well there was a little more pink than I prefer but ya know.... that's what happens when you move into the house your grandma used to own.
     My mom came around the corner with an apron hanging around her neck. Like me she had hair that was kind of black but with a grayish blue tint. A constant reminder that we did not originate in Twinleaf.
     " Pizzas on the table, did you have fun?"
     "Uh .. well u h yeah, yeah I did but hmmmm, how do I put this...."

     "Well...." She said, mulling it over while nibbling at the end of a piece of pizza with the edge of her teeth. I pulled out the Pokeball and held it up in the air to show her what I was talking about.
     "Is that the fire monkey"
     "That's Chimchar yes" I explained, as she rolled her eyes. Reggy walked Into the living room eating a piece of pizza he must have found on the table as he walked in.
      "And he has-"
     "Piplup" is cut her off, only to hear her and Reggy simotaniously say "water peiguin "
     "Hey Reggy "
     "Hey Austin, got your bag packed?" Reggy said as he plopped onto the couch beside me,
     "Packed? Reggy I've been home like 10 minutes how did you have time to pack?"
      "Well I'm a quick packer"
     "Did you even tell your mother? "
      "Yeah! Well kinda, she cried, and laughed, and now I'm kinda confussed on what she's doing" He took a bite of pizza and chewed thoughtfully. On the few occasions I had stayed over at Reggy's place instead of the other way around I saw that his mother was scared, not physically but....  I remember the day I figured out why Reggy thinks flowers fix everything.
     When we were ten, I stayed over at his house for his birthday, and I noticed flowers in a vase. They were barely anything but a stem with dried petals. Reggy told me that day that his dad might come back to replace them. I knew he worked out of time, he came back everytime with flowers. When he was eight, his mother received her last vase of flowers. And untill this day, she is still waiting, and Reggy still believes that every girl desearve flowers by the window....
     So I guess that's why I'm not bothered by him getting all the girls, he always treats them right or trys to. And tomorrow, we were going to Sandgem. It wasn't far away but we felt something, like we had something to do now instead of wasting  time in school or running around the lake looking for a Red Gyrodos. It always made me smile but we have a story out there, and tomorrow we write.

     Somewhere between thinking and eating me and Reggy ended upstairs, I sat down on the ground of the room and propped my legs on my bed, Reggy paced the floor and bounced a ball against the other wall in a repeating path. Floor. Wall. Floor. Him. Repeat. I had already emptied out my one strap pack and repacked it with what I needed, and I did it three times. Cash, Chimchar, an old pocket knife. Courage..... nope... still haven't found that... oh well, I'm packing light.