A New Dawn

"Walk over... slowly. .." She growled out of clenched teeth.
     "Woah woah uh, M-m-maradith." Reggy stuttered. I had only see him loose his cool with a girl a couple of times, that being said he didn't have a gun pointed at him so I guess I can give him a break. "Uh i-i-im sorry!  Uh I'll g-get you some nice flowers!"
     Now maybe it was the recent rush of adrenaline, but I laughed a little. The thing about Reggy was that although he only rarely lost his cool, he always resorted to flowers. To him it seemed to be the go to solution for any woman based problem.
      "Do not call me that!" She yelled, her tiny nose flaring with each exhale. She had a cute nose.... but seeing the gun again I pushed that aside.
      "Then what do we call you?" I asked, putting the pokeball in my pocket and holding my hands up.
     "Dawn... my name is Dawn..." She said, taking deeper but slower breaths. Awkwardly I stuck one of my hands out,
     "Hiya Dawn, I'm Austin, how about you shake that hand there" She looked down, and her eyes widened, as if she was as suprise as we were that there was a gun in her hands.
     "Sorry, force of habbit, it wasn't for you guys, it was for the Pokemon out here." She said. She didn't move though.
     "Arms getting a little tired here....." I said as I felt my pathetic excuse for a bicep tencing. She put the gun away and shook my hand firmly.
     "Hi Austin."
     "Hi Dawn."
     "By the way I'm Reggy nice to meet you." Reggy cut in.
     " Hi Reggy, what about them flowers." Dawn winked. Reggy tried to stutter out a response but she held up a hand, "So, you want to explain what just happened."
     "I saw the breifcase and ran in after it without thinking, Austin came In  after me, we were attacked by Starlies and we were forced to use the pokemon in the case, we didn't have a choice." Reggy said at top speed, back to his normal self.
     "Well.... fantastic, now the experiments comprimised," She ran her hand over her bandana and whistled low, "well, let's go see the Professor."

     I love walks. Walks at night, walk by the lake, walks in the woods. This was not a pleasent walk. Reggy and I followed behind Dawn, holding onto the pokeballs that Dawn let us keep for safety. Silence. Just the crackle of leaves as she walked ahead.  I admit though, the view was nice....
     Reggys eyes caught mine as we realized we were admiring the same view. Reggy had always had more experience with girls. He was charming, funny, and I had to admit, in a completely guy to guy way, he was way more atractive. Stylish, stunning, sharp jawline. His habbits alone made girls crazy, he would do this thing where he'd rub his jaw with the side of his hand while his other hand was on his hips, and I've heard girls literally sigh and gasp at it. I.... I am currently wearing 4 different primary colors and shook a girls hand like we had just made a business deal. Long story short, if Reggy wanted a girl, he would have her.
     He shot me a glance that said "Nice hardware" that clearly did not refer to the gun in her belt. I shrugged as if I didn't notice. He shot me another glance which read "Yeah right!" That was the downfall of our nonverbal conversations, he could always read me.
      I was about to give him a look that said "Look here pretty boy I don't need no woman" but Dawn snapped around and glared at both of us, as if she somehow overheard our conversation.
     The Professor walked out around the curve, and looked at the three of us.  "What's this about? " He said, although he obviously figured it out with just a glance.
     "The experiment has been comprimised" Dawn gestured to the spheres we held.
     "Hmmmm, maybe...maybe not...." The old man looked at us thoughtfully, then took out a small hand held device with as rubber handle and a scanning end. He ran it over Reggy's first.
     "Ahhh.... interesting... you see, since you did not capture this pokemon, it has no sence of obedience to you. But all the same, it is very content.... a very happy Piplup, I have no doubt it was very willing to battle for you?" Reggy smiled and nodded.
     "Very well," He walked over to me and scanned mine, "Hmmm, ah yes the young Chimchar,  very powerful, very..." he paused and chuckled, "well then, I supose I'll let you have it anyway." He smiled.
      "Anyway? What do you mean by anyway?" I said, his words striking me hard with worry.
     "If you two are interested in a project, meet us in Sandgem city to the east." He said, and with Dawn behind him, the walked away, pushing through the tall grass.
     "What did he mean by keep them?" Reggy said staring down at his hand.
     "What did he mean by 'Anyway!?' You get a happy water peiguin and a get a angry fire monkey that I should 'keep anyway!?'" I shouted in rage, only to get a chuckle from Reggy. Just great.