14

Marshal needed to clear his head. He needed to get himself together. He needed to EAT. He had decided to head back to his forest for an hour or so. He couldn't be near anyone at the moment, especially not now after having neglected eating for so long. He'd only end up hurting someone if he let himself go while they were around. Gumball finally said goodbye to the last few guests, feeling slightly better now that he didn't have the weight of the wedding on his shoulders anymore. Though now he would have to start cleaning up... he didn't even know where to start, at this point. He had told the guards not to worry about cleaning up, and that he would manage it.. but perhaps he should've kept a couple of them around just in case.. he sighed and decided he should at least start somewhere, deciding to clean up the dishes and food that was left around the ballroom. He was honestly worried that Marshal wouldn't come back.. maybe he was only saying he might, just to keep gumball at bay.. what if Marshal was actually hurt enough by all of this to just decide he couldn't trust gumball again? Eventually the thoughts of "what if" were all that gumball's mind let run through his head. He wasn't even focused on what he was doing, anymore. Usually zoning out made him stop completely, but still he was cleaning. His was mind on autopilot, and filled with questions about "what if". It seemed like a few mere seconds later when he realized that the hall had been cleared of all the food and drinks, and most of the decorations. He simply needed to find a place for the extra furniture. He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands, feeling a bit worn out. ".. I wonder what time it is.." he muttered to himself, looking around. He hadn't been able to get anything off of the ceiling or really any of the higher places in the ballroom. He eventually decided to just sit down for a bit, realizing that he'd been working for a good couple hours straight... and Marshal still hadn't come back. He sighed and leaned back in a chair, just closing his eyes for a moment to try and relax, and clear his mind a bit. After a few moments he felt a bit anxious, causing him to open his eyes again. Though he nearly jumped out of his chair when he did. Marshal was sitting on the table, RIGHT in front of him. The look of amusement on the vampires face didn't really do much to calm the prince down, though. "You could've warned me you were there!" Gumball half yelled, but also kept it quiet because the ballroom tended to echo a bit, and he didn't want to wake anyone up. Marshal only laughed quietly, shrugging a little. "I figured you'd fallen asleep while sitting there. It would've been rude to wake you." He said calmly. Gumball sighed, rubbing his eyes a bit. "Well, yes, I am tired... but I wasn't asleep. I was just sitting there to rest for a moment.." he said finally. "... I need to finish cleaning all of this up..." he half muttered and turned around to get back to work, even though it took everything in him to not just stop and sit there to talk to Marshal. "Well, how about I help? Maybe you can get to bed a bit sooner? " Marshal offered. The prince did look a bit exhausted. Maybe he'd just talk to him tomorrow, and let him get some rest for now. Gumball was taken a bit back by the offer, but honestly didn't refuse. He couldn't reach half the stuff anyway, and figured Marshal could just get those, while he dealt with the furniture. It took another hour or so, but eventually they had cleaned up the ballroom. Gumball had sat down for the last little bit, just waiting for Marshal to finish with the things he, himself couldn't reach. He ended up falling asleep, leaning against the wall. Marshal had noticed, but waited until he was done to move him. Once everything was cleaned up, he carefully picked up Gumball and carried him upstairs to his room. He didn't jostle him around too much, since he could fly and all, but he was still worried about the other waking up. He glanced down at the other who was sleeping in his arms. He couldn't help but smile a little. The prince looked a lot less stressed out while asleep. It was rather nice, really. He carefully took him to his room, laying him down on the bed and covering him up. He closed the blinds on the windows, and the balcony doors, and simply sat in the corner as the other slept. He felt it was only fair to make sure the other knew he didn't just up and leave while he was asleep. Though Marshal was getting rather tired as well. Since he hadn't eaten in a while, that was finally catching up to him. Of course he ate earlier, but the fatigue from it was hell afterwards. He simply leaned against the wall and allowed himself to fall asleep, too. He figured that the prince would be out for a while, anyway. He might as well catch up on some sleep.