It isn't falling that hurts but the landing.

Marshal sighed as he flew off of the balcony. The prince was kind enough to bring his guitar back, and was kind to him for the most part as he had brought him back to the castle. "He probably just didn't want me to drop him.." He muttered to himself as he eventually turned to look at the moon, just floating in midair quietly, quite a few feet above the ground. Definitely a fall that no human would survive. Honestly even he had a possibility of being greatly wounded from it. He took a deep breath and breathed out loudly, closing his eyes as he let himself tip backwards, falling rather quickly towards the earth. His arms were stretched out to the sides, as if in a trust fall. Just before he hit the ground, he turned around and quickly curved back upward. He had missed the ground by just a few inches. Anyone watching would probably have thought he'd possibly kill himself doing so.. But it was something he'd practiced for a long time. He found the feel of the fall, and the rush of air, somewhat relaxing. It cleared his mind and made him feel more calm, somehow. 'Careful Marshal... You'll only fall and end up hurting yourself...' He thought, but was not meaning physically.. "... I know." He whispered out loud, replying to his own thoughts. "... But maybe this time it's worth it..." He murmured, just flying quickly through the air as he headed back home. The sun would be up in a couple hours now that he's delayed himself by just flying around. The deep purple of the night would soon change to red of the sunrise... He didn't need to be caught within its rays. Truthfully, he did wish to see the prince again, but he didn't expect him to return the feeling. After all, who would love a cold, heartless vampire? .. But To have a desire to see another, even after knowing them for a day in the least... Was he really so heartless? Surely he seemed so... Perhaps that outward assumption could change. Yet that would take some time... Time that he had an eternity of...