Falling? Or just floating?

Marshall hummed softly to himself. The view truly was nice. The sun had set, and the moon gave off just enough light to show what lies ahead in the distance. Marshal stayed quiet for a bit as he carried the pink prince back towards his home. "... So why did you really come out to the forest?" Marshal asked after a moment of silence. "What do you mean?! I told you, I came out there to return your guitar to you!" Gumball explained, being rather forward and blunt with his re-explanation. "... Alright.. I just wanted to see if there was some other reason.." Marshal said quietly. Something about his tone of voice kept the prince silent. He slightly averted his eyes as he thought in silence. Normally he would never do such a thing.. Why did he..? Why did he think it was of such importance to bring a simple guitar back to a vampire, in a land he'd never even dared to want to go near before... "... How long until I am home?" He asked Marshal softly after a few silent minutes, with no sounds but the wind gently passing them as Marshal took him back towards his home. "Maybe about ten more minutes.. It shouldn't take too much longer." He said in return. Gumball nodded a little and simply relaxed slightly, hoping his current trust in the dark-haired vampire wasn't greatly misjudged as he held onto him only to keep himself sitting upright. Marshal looked at him for a brief moment, wondering why he cared enough to bring the prince back home. He was only brought in by guards, his guitar taken away, and highly sassed by the prince himself. Though if the pink-loving prince actually cared enough about a 'stupid guitar' to bring it through those woods to him, then he'd only owe it to him to take him back. ".. You seem tired.." Marshal commented after another silent pause in their poor attempts at a conversation. ".. Yes, I am. It's past midnight, and I usually do not stay up so late. I do have things that need to be taken care of in the morning.." Gumball managed to say, before a yawn overtook his ability to speak. "Well it's a good thing I got you back then, before you fell asleep somewhere on the way back." Marshal gently teased. Gumball only lightly smacked Marshal's shoulder, causing Marshal to chuckle a little. "Which room is yours? I'll drop you off on the balcony so you can simply go inside and go to bed." Marshal said, Gumball taking no time at all to point it out. ".. It's that one.." He said tiredly. "Alright." Marshal muttered and flew over to the balcony, landing and setting Prince Gumball on his feet. "Mm.. Thank you..." Gumball said tiredly before heading inside. ".. Goodnight." He said in return before just floating off the balcony to head home.