Dance with Cinderella *America*

She spins and she sways

To whatever song plays

Without a care in the world

And I'm sitting here wearing

The weight of the world on my shoulders

It's been a long day

And there's still work to do

She's pulling at me

Saying "Dad, I need you

There's a ball at the castle

And I've been invited

And I need to practice my dancing

Oh, please, Daddy, please?

So I will dance with Cinderella

While she is here in my arms

'Cause I know something the prince never knew

Oh, I will dance with Cinderella

I don't want to miss even one song

'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight

And she'll be gone..

Alfred threw open the front door, setting down his brief case with a tired sigh. It was a long, boring day at the office and all Alfred wanted was some dinner and to sit on the couch and watch whatever show seemed to catch his eye for the night. However, all that changed when he heard her excited cries. "Daddy's home! Daddy's home!" Soon enough, he heard the little feet racing as she ran through the halls to get to Alfred. His tired face eased into a happy grin as (Name) finally came into sight and he pulled her into his arms, lifting her and twirling her in the air. "Daddy, put me down! You're going to get my dress all ruined." The (h/c) child giggled as Alfred refused, placing butterfly kisses all over her face.

"Ah, welcome home, Mr. Jones." Alfred finally put his beautiful daughter down, turning to Toris- the nanny.

"Alfred, Toris. Call me Alfred." The American replied, shaking his head in mock-disappointment. He's told the Lithuanian man how many times?

"My apologies, Mr.- Alfred." Toris corrected, causing little (Name) to giggle at her friend's mistake. "(Name) was a doll as always. We were just playing princess."

"Alright. Thanks, Toris. See you tomorrow morning." After Toris left, Alfred turned to his daughter, who had begun to pull on his pants. "Yes, princess?"

(Name) blushed, smiling sweetly at her dad. "I was invited to a ball, daddy! The prince asked me to come. But..." (Name) paused, playing with the hem of her princess gown. "I don't know how to dance. Teach me, daddy?"

"Of course, sweetie." Alfred took her small hand in his', and led her away to dance to their own tune.

She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed

She wants to know if I approve of the dress

She says, "Dad, the prom is just one week away

And I need to practice my dancing

Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

So I will dance with Cinderella

While she is here in my arms

'Cause I know something the prince never knew

Oh, I will dance with Cinderella

I don't want to miss even one song