The Herald, the Elf, and the Angel

The room was chaotic now as some members of the court were conferring magically with their own courts to verify what they had been told. Others chatted with those that were next to them. Even Tiandra appeared to be taking council with Lord Oran and the Prince of Hearts. 

Oriander stood beside both Kal and Celestriun. 

"It has started." Celestriun said quietly to them. "The smaller waves of energy have begun arriving from the outer planes."

Oriander thought about the doom that awaited this world, and began openly shaking her head. "It's not right," she said. "They have the right to know." And she began walking to the center of the room.

After Oriander had passed them, Kal turned to Celestriun and winked. "She will give them the information that they need to hear," Kal whispered to angel.

As the foreigner made her way into the middle of the room, many of the court members grew quiet awaiting some reaction from Tiandra. Never before had someone from the human realm addressed the Court of Stars. And though Oriander was of sylvan origins, like their own Eladrin people, they were unsure of this spectacle. 

The room was utterly silent when Oriander spoke. All eyes were trained on the elf.

"Honorable Fey of the Court of Stars. These men speak the truth." Oriander pointed to Lord Neifion and Noctalium. "My presence in this court today and the disappearance of the Passion Court have but the same root cause." 

Oriander paused and looked around the room, making eye contact with each member of the court. They waited patiently for her next words.

"In just over six days, there will be a surge of energy from the outer planes that will rip your world apart." The room erupted in chatter until Lord Oran silenced everyone.

She continued. "We believe that Titania is involved in some sort of dark magic to harness these energy waves... and the effects of these waves have only just begun."

"How does an elf from Faerun know more about the home of the gods, than those on the Court of Stars." The Prince of Hearts asked.

"My part in this conflict has only just been revealed to me." Oriander said as she nodded to Kal and Celestruin. "Our chance to stop Titania is beset by the will of this Court. For we seek to add one to our party who is destined for more than a prison cell." 

Oriander looked directly at Lord Oran when she spoke the last sentence. "There is a great warrior here that has seen beyond the walls of your world, nay beyond the walls of your known universe."

Lord Oran met her gaze and responded. "You seek the pixie for your quest..." He stood and began to walk toward Oriander.

"For the fate of our world... you would have us release the pixie warrior to join your secret collection of mortal adventurers?" 

He continued to get closer to Oriander and Celestriun came to stand by her side. 

"I mean you know harm little Oriander." Lord Oran said. "But too many of my men have died at her hands. I can not..."

Suddenly Tiandra spoke out. "I vote to release the pixie."

Lord Oran looked back at Tiandra as if wounded that she didn't take his side. Lord Neifion and Noctalium stood and echoed those words," I vote to release the pixie."

"Lord Oran is wise in matters of battle and strategy. I respect his council beyond that of any other." Tiandra nodded to him. "Let the members of this court assemble your own people and proceed with your own measures of protection. But in this matter, when the fate of our world is at stake, I say we trust in the words of the herald, the elf, and her angel."

Lord Oran did his duty weakly, "All in favor?" 

A chorus of hands shot up. Eight hands in all. 

"We have a majority." Tiandra said triumphantly. "We will adjourn until such time that the prisoner can be released and brought to face us."

Celestriun put a hand on Oriander's shoulder. "Nicely done," he said. "Now you will meet your pixie self. Prepare yourself."