Chapter Six

“Harold? Harry? Where are you sweetie?” Kaycee said stumbling into Harry’s house.

Kaycee had ‘had a few’ before coming home.

“Babe, don’t go cold turkey on me, I’m ready for round two! Woo!” She giggled and yelled into the empty halls and echoing house. “Where are you?” She sighed.

-

I wrapped myself up in a blanket and I’ve been like that ever since Kaycee left. I was in the worst mood possible. I was feeling angry, sad, scared and shockingly even a little heartbroken?

“El, it’s ok, Kaycee can’t do anything to you” Bri reassured me. “All she can do is give you threats, but you can’t let her get to you. You’re better than her, you can get through this.”

I looked up and smiled at Bri, the smile was fake, but the ‘thanks’ was truly real. I knew she didn’t know how to help me, but at least she was trying. I was so lucky to have a friend like that.

 I don’t think she really saw the big picture though, I mean I didn’t know until now that I actually had real feelings for Harry. But how could I even begin to tell him? Kaycee just came over and if I was ever seen with Harry again, I’d be toast.

“Why don’t I go make you some hot coco and then we can stay up and watch old movies?” Bri offered. “Just like when you first moved in.”

“That sounds good.” I said with yet another fake smile.

-

“Harry?!” Kaycee screamed. “If you don’t answer me, I’m going to throw a fit!”

Even after that, there was still no answer. His whole house was so silent you could hear a pin drop.

“Where are you?!” She screamed yet again.

You’d think she’d figure out he wasn’t home by now, but that’s just Kaycee for you…

-

The sky was glowing tonight with almost every star out. It was a perfect night, some would say. But it’s only perfect for two. Tonight I was feeling more lonely than ever. I couldn’t even concentrate on the movies and for once, I didn’t even want my hot coco.

“El” Bri called over. “Everything’s gonna be okay, just try to relax tonight”

I looked up and I didn’t even have the energy to fake a smile, so I did nothing and looked back down again. I let a big sigh and I got up of the couch.

“I’m going to bed” I bluntly yet softly said.

-

On the bottom of the shiny golden stairs in Harrys home Kaycee was passed out with another bottle in her hands.

“Harry…Harry…Where are you? Harry...Why did you leave me? Harry…Come home to me...” She was mumbling in her sleep.