Chapter Three

“El” Bri called out into the echoing house as she unlocked the door. “Where are you?”

I was surprised she couldn’t hear my sobs. It felt like as if I was gone. I wanted to just disappear.

I can’t believe I let Harry touch me in that way. I’ve heard what they’ve said about him, but I didn’t think he’d be that much of a jerk.

I guess it’s my fault. I know he has a girlfriend, but I just liked him so much and I thought he was starting to really like me to. God I sound like a whinny teenager. I just need to stop.

“El” Bri called out again. “You’re starting to scare me, where are you?” she said in a frantic tone.

I go up off the bed and cleared up my face.

“I’m here” I said opening my bedroom door.

I think Bri could tell, I was crying or that I was upset, because the next thing she did was hug me. She didn’t say anything, she just hugged me.

“El, everything’s gonna be alright” Bri whispered.

I couldn’t say anything. I couldn’t even move. I just wish I would’ve thought about what I was doing instead of letting my stupid feelings get in the way.

“I promise, whatever happened, I’ll make you feel better” Bri said.

I wish I could tell her what had been going on. About how Harry and I have been messing around together, but I promised Harry I wouldn’t tell anyone and I always keep my promises.

“I’m fine” I looked up and said. “I just need to get out of here”

I picked up my bag and stormed out. I didn’t even know where I’d be going, but I just needed to clear my head.

-

“Hey Kaycee, I’m back” Harry said as he walked inside.

“Babe, you’re home” She said in her high pitched nasally voice. “I was beginning to worry about you”

Harry smirked. “You have nothing to worry about”

Kaycee was a stereotypical barbie doll. She’s so fake. Everything about her is fake. She has long blonde hair (extensions) and a sun kissed tan, she even had plastic boobs. What’s wrong with being yourself these days?!

-

How could Harry like a barbie doll? At least I’m real.  Kaycee is the fakest person I know!

I need to stop thinking about him. I picked up my phone to call Bri and I saw I had an unread text.

-

‘From: Harry

El, I’m sorry. Meet me at Bennies Coffee shop at one so we can talk.’

-

Like that’s going to happen, I didn’t even want to see him, let alone talk to him.

I looked across the road, and by coincidence there was Bennies Coffee shop, it was a good thing it was two though. Harry wouldn’t be there anymore, so I could go get a coffee.

I ran across the road. I nearly got run over like three times. Probably shouldn’t of J-walked… Oh well.

I opened the door and the smells that rushed through my nose were amazing. I adored coffee shops.

I went over to a table. I sat down and put my bag on the chair next to me. Everything was fine. Then...

“El” Harry called out.

FML. Great, just great.