Chapter 5: Promise Me...

---

"hey (y/n)! why are you so cute?" He asked as he finish combing her best friend's hair. The little girl turn to see her best friend and gave him a pose.

"Cuz I'm just fabulous." She said as she flips her hair. Wind blowing in her hair.

"why do you do that?" He asked.

"Cuz it's cool!" She said as she lay down in a patch of golden flowers. He followed suit and started to look in the sky. Both of them enjoyed it. Soon the little girl spoke up.

"Hey, will you promise me that you will never leave me alone...?" She asked, tears threatening in her eyes.

He was startled. But he always knew that one day she will ask.

"y-you know i can't keep promises..." He stuttered.

"P-p-please... Promise me Dream... Your the only one I have please promise me... You will never go, you will never leave me." She cried, tears pouring down her eyes.

He wants to promise but he can't. He just can't. He tried to reach her bruised shoulder but she flinched away. And looked away from him.

"Y-you will promise...me." She cried.

"i can't." He replied.

Guilt and frustration flowing with his words.

---

Dream's P.O.V

"damn it! where are they!" Ink shouted as he punched his fist in the wall.

"calm down ink!" I said to ink calming him down.

"but who know what error will do to her! or even the au's! why are you so calm even it's almost the end of the world!" He shouted.

"cause i know that there is still hope." I replied.

Even the most hopeful person can still fall apart... And the hopeless ones can still stand up...

---

*knock knock*

"(y-y/n)? are you there?" He asked.

But no one answered...

He felt uneasy with the silence. He forced the door opened. But when he looked at the dark, cold room, by the end of it. He saw her. Crying, bleeding, she shivers, her breathing hitches. Terrified on what he saw he rushes to her. Making her look at him. Instead of seeing her cheerful one, he saw a person who's depressed, angry and hopeless.

"(y/n)! what happened?" He asked.

She forced her eyes open and smile the biggest she could.

"I-i-i'm fine! I am not a chicken like you!" She said punching me playfully.

But he know she was not happy.

She never could, she never was, and she never will.

After what he said.

--end--

Author: :3 Inspired by the anime movie "Your Lie In April."

I cried a lot... ;-;