Deeper Connection

New York City, New York

Kastynn

Sliding my acrylic nails across my son's stomach, I watch his face lighten up like a lightbulb in amusement. It's been two weeks that I've been home, and by all means the word tired isn't even apart of vocabulary anymore. It would be such an understatement that I can't even seem to fathom any longer.

I love Kaiden no matter what. I can see so many things we have in common. For instance, he loves to sleep just like me, whine when I know he wants something, and sleep. Being that he's not even a month old yet, there is still PLENTY of time, and I stretch that to the fullest extent possible, to understand and get to know my son on down the road.

As for Ti'Ron, he's been running around like a chicken with its head cut off working, taking care of us, and the house. We put the thought away of finding a new home and have just decided on moving Kiki into our house, just to save money and continue on in school as she pleases, also while lending a hand with me taking care of Kaiden.

She's been here since the day he was born. Her and James have been back and forth between our house and the other with packing things up and putting the furniture into a storage room. Terrence and Jayden have both been dropping by the house every single day to watch Kaiden while I rested.

The main reason I love why Kaiden is such a sleeper is because when he's asleep, I can get my sleep done, make his bottles for the rest of the day, make me lunch, have time to eat, get enough school work and studying done to where I can function properly for three hours of his nap before he awakens.

And there are even times throughout the day when he's sleeping for hours, wakes up for a feeding, and heads back to sleep. He's the most inactive newborn I've seen in my life. And thank you Lord he isn't the crying type. Those annoy me to the utmost.

Ti'Ron's schedule follows suit with going in at eight am, lunchtime around three thirty, and then back to work until six o'clock. His job pays enough, and he's even been cleaning up his record in the past year to get the job of his dreams of being a police officer.

He even wants to one day become an FBI agent, despite the many challenges and moments of life he's gonna have to spend missing out on many family time. For him, it'll all be worth it because he will get moments out of it all to be home and take care of the people he loves.

Tyrone and his wife have been by, even she decided to tag Lisa along since she had been asking about me and wanting to see her half-brother and newborn nephew. Tyrone confided in me that she told her no continuously, but he ended up changing her mind once they had a private talk.

I don't know why he was telling me that part, when he could have just kept things R rated between him and his wife.

In the end, I'm more busy and infatuated with my son than I've ever been with anything ever before. Having my first child at twenty has certainly changed my life and mindset.

"I'm about to quit school and start stripping." Kiki groans as she enters the living with Kaiden resting against her chest.

I look up from my book work and eyeball her, a smirk forming at the corner of my lip. "Why?"

"Because..." She groans out again, taking a seat next to me on the couch. "I just hate having so much school work."

"And you wanna quit school because of the work? Girl, your shit is bein' paid for by your dad and his wife, and you wanna chicken out? Wimp ass,"