Bittersweet

Atlanta, Georgia

That same night...

"What you mean by she in New York? When the fuck did she leave?!" Kris yelled at his mother in frustration.

"Aye! Calm down boy wit' all damn cussin'." His aunt and mom fussed at him.

Her and her sister both understood that Kris was extremely frustrated, but the disrespect coming from the forms of his lips would not be tolerated.

Kris closed his eyes hesitantly, taking a slight breath in and counting to ten seconds before releasing.

He rubbed his temples with his index and middle finger on both hands.  He couldn't believe the love of his life had moved on without any care.  He was hurt deeply to the core on the issue, and it made his anger deepen into the pores of his skin.  Wrinkling a hardened frown onto his face.

She had started another life that was not involved around him, and that made Kris go even more insane as he listened to Krissy explain the situation. 

Kris wanted to start a new life with Kastynn, that included them getting married within the next year.  He had everything planned out, but that was before things backfired by the bullet of Kastynn's cousin's gun.

"This is some fuck shit." He groaned, covering his face with his hands. "How old am I now? What's the year? What's the month? Date? Somethin' man." He rambled on nervously.

"You'll be twenty three next month. Today is May the fifteenth." Miss Tesia, his mom, told him. 

"Soooo...." He sighed then leaned back on the bed and threw the sheets over his head.

He was in so much thought that it gave him a slight headache.  Everything was a bit much for him to take in.  If he had known his love would turn out into this, then he would have broken things off way before, and maybe he wouldn't be in the predicament as of now.  Kris's heart was broken into pieces as he contemplated on what life is like now.

Kris felt his bed lower as Krissy took a seat at the end.

"Kris..."

"What?" He grumbled from under the sheets.

"Please don't be mad at Feisty. She only did what she had to do so she can have a better life. It's not like she left you for dead, dang."

Kris scoffed, chuckling lowly. "Might as well."

"Kris don't-"

"Oh shut up! Please, just the hell up!" Krissy yelled at her brother, jumping up from the bed. "You know good and damn well that Kastynn loves you! But she couldn't see the love of her life in that condition. She loves you! She's in love with you and you know that shit. Stop actin' so fucking dumb just because she moved away two years ago! She's gone but her heart is still here! Please believe that. Her moving way wasn't intentional to hurt you!" And with that Krissy stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

The room fell dead silent.  The only thing that could be heard was the tv and everyone's breathing amongst themselves.

"I'ma go talk to her." Miss Renita stood up from the bed and proceeded to leave the room to talk to Krissy.

Kris knew his sister was right, he just couldn't and wouldn't admit it that he knew his fiancée was still in love with him.  He was still in love with her as well, his feelings were more than hurt at the moment so it prevented his true feelings from coming out of the wood works.