°24: Free Fortune°

"You made me waste my free time for this..." My brows knitted together as I read the sign besides the door.

"Your free time literally consists of you staying at home."

I glared at Jimin who was peeking inside the small shop but I knew what he said was pretty much accurate.

"No way, Nari wouldn't waste her time like that when she has me," said Hoseok, giving me a sly wink which earned him a slap on the arm from me.

"Please keep that lovey-dovey thing to yourselves." Jimin pretended to gag as he looked away.

"Just because you got rejected doesn't mean you need to be so sour," said Hoseok, throwing his arm around Jimin's shoulder.

He side-eyed his friend before cocking his head and putting on a confident smirk. "If you've forgotten, relationships aren't my thing."

"If you are going to just stand out here and talk then we might as well not go inside." I turned my heels, eager to walk away.

"No way are we going to turn around when we came all the way here," Jimin said, shaking his head.

"Why do you even believe in this fortune telling crap?" I said, throwing my arms in the air.

"Desperate situations call for desperate measures, my dear noona friend."

"I'm not your friend and don't call me noona," I reminded him once again, "We literally just went to give your DNA to the clinic. What more can you ask for?"

"I can't wait two weeks without doing anything productive to find out the truth."

"Getting your fortune told isn't what I would call productive," I muttered under my breath, eyeing the suspicious looking shop that looked as if it had been abandoned for years.

Hoseok clapped his hands together. "Guys! Let's not argue so much. And look at the sign, Nari. It says 'free fortune readings today'"

I stuffed my hands inside my jacket pocket and rolled my eyes. Hoseok held the door open and Jimin pushed the buggy before him, with me following behind.

The moment I walked in, my nostrils was taken over by the overpowering smell of Chinese incenses. Every single place even the nook and cranny was decorated with trinkets, plants and pictures of ancient paintings. The interior was not what you would expect judging from the exterior of the shop.

In the far corner was a red low table with seat cushions on either side of it. The surface of the table was decorated with a burning candle and a large old book in the middle.

"Urm, is anyone here?" called out Jimin.

There was a sudden sound of movement somewhere and a muffled voice indicating that we were indeed not alone. A figure emerged from a mysterious room.

He was a young man, couldn't be much older than us. His hair was dyed blonde and was kept untamed, which was also the same for everything else about him. His shirt and trousers seemed way too large for him; it was only by the way he dressed that convinced me he was a fortune teller.

"Aren't fortune tellers supposed to be really old?" whispered Hoseok.

"I'm not sure if I'm even in the right place," said Jimin. He showed the young man his phone which had the address written on it.

"You are indeed in the correct place, my friend," replied the young man sitting on the cushion. He gestured us to take a seat so the two guys sat down in front of the table, whilst I took a seat behind them.

"But I remember my mum always telling me the fortune teller was an old man...She comes here quite a lot."

The young guy sighed and looked to his left where there was a small shrine with a picture of a smiling old man hung above it.