°16: Park°

The next few weeks went by quickly as it was pretty uneventful. I saw less of Jimin since he would always choose to be around Seola. I didn't mind that at all since both of them were annoying and I'd much rather be away from them. I also didn't have to babysit much and I can't describe how relieved that made me feel. Looking after Jun was Jimin's excuse for being around the love of his life because she loved babies so much.

However, me and Hoseok had become closer over the course of few weeks. And now I was confident enough to call him my friend. I was way more comfortable to be around him compared to before.

"When are you going to make a move?"

I slowed down until I came to a halt and gave Heejung a confused look. She always became a little too excited when my love life became the subject of our conversations.

"Make a move? Christ Heejung, we only just became friends."

"No way, you guys have been friends for like three weeks and that is long enough. Also, it's not like you guys don't know each other."

I frowned at her comment as I slowly walked with my hands on my hips.

"I don't want to rush into anything. Plus, he only thinks of me as a friend."

"Okay, lazy bum. Let's get back to running." She patted my bum before jogging away.

I let out a groan. "You said we would take a break like ten minutes ago."

Realizing that I wasn't following her, she slowed down to jog on the spot and turned around to face me.

"We've only ran for like twenty minutes. Now, come on."

Frustrated, I stomped my feet in the middle of the busy park, gaining some questionable looks from strangers. Then I jogged to catch up with Heejung.

A problem with having a healthy and active friend was that you were often dragged along with them to their many physically draining activities. She always complained that my lifestyle was unhealthy and found whatever opportunity she got to drag me out of my house to exercise.

The one activity I despised the most was running. On the contrary, that was the sport Heejung most enjoyed therefore I was forced to join her.

We were jogging in a large park that was pretty close to my apartment. So far, I had done a good job not to bump into people who knew me because most of the time I didn't want to talk to them. The people who lived around the area were people that were familiar with my parents. And all they ever wanted to talk about was business or gossip, two things that would never spark my interest.

We jogged past a group of women having a picnic. Buggies were gathered in one corner and toddlers were running around everywhere. It seemed like a gathering of mothers. As I passed by, my ears caught a familiar voice. I turned to see who the voice belonged to and by the time I realised who it was, I had no time to run away.

"NARI!"

"For God's sake," I rolled my eyes as I slowed down.

Heejung also stopped as we both turned around to face the mothers who were now all watching us.

"Is she the one Jimin likes?" she whispered to me. I replied with a nod.

Seola ran up to us with her arms wide open. Before she could embrace me, I lifted my palms up to stop her.

"I'm all sweaty."

"Ahh, I see," she laughed, "Well come and join us!"

"I'd rather not," I refused but it was no use. She grabbed both of our hands and led us to the circle of mothers.

"Guys, meet my friend Nari," she then looked at Heejung, "And you are?"

"I'm Heejung," she smiled, "Nice to meet you all!"

"Hey, you are that girl we met in the café!"

I narrowed my eyes at the woman and almost stumbled back when I suddenly recognised her. What had I gotten myself into? This whole situation was a mess. Seola thought I was with Hoseok and the two women from the café thought I was with Jimin. And now the three of them knew each other! The town had a population of a few thousand people and Seola just had to become friends with them. Why?

I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible but Heejung had become way too friendly with them. This was the annoying thing about her, she just had to make friends wherever she went. It didn't help that she was a likable person. I began noticing the huge similarities between her and Seola.

"Nari, you should join our mother society," said Seola.

It hadn't even been long since she had come to the country and already she had got more comfortable with the locals than I had. All the women in the picnic were part of a mother society where they helped women and mothers by hosting different events.

"I'm really busy so I don't think I will have time to dedicate myself to the organisation."

She let out a sigh. "That's a shame. I will get Hoseok to convince you." She winked.

"That's his name?" asked the young mother from the café.

"You know him too?" asked Seola.

"Yeah, we met him in a café," said the other woman.

How was I going to explain to them that the father they were both thinking about were different people and neither of the two guys were my partners?

"Well me and Heejung have to get going now," I said, getting up from the picnic mat.

We waved at them goodbye and jogged away.

"Seola wasn't as bad as you described her."

"You know that we both have different preferences when it comes to people."

"Do you even like people?" she laughed, "Well, besides me of course."

"Don't flatter yourself too much."