°11: Cubicles°

"Let me just meet this guy and the baby just once!"

"Kwon Heejung. Wipe that pout off your face. I only got this carpet yesterday and I don't want to vomit all over it because of you."

"I forgot my aegyo never works on you," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Normal people shouldn't like aegyo. Thank God your best friend is normal."

She threw her head back and let out a hysterical cackle. Who would guess that a face like hers would be the owner of such a witchy laugh.

"You're calling yourself normal?"

I threw a side glare at her and went back to polishing my glass coffee table.

"You are crazy! The table is clean yet you have been wiping it for the last fifteen minutes. You really need to get yourself checked out," she frowned at me, "I think you have a chronic case of OCD."

I threw the cloth at her but it landed on the sofa arm bedsides her. I forgot about my lack of athletic skills.

"What should I make you?" I asked, getting up from the floor. She raised a brow at me, leaning back on the sofa and propping her feet on the table.

"Do you even need to ask?" she gave me a knowing smirk. I let out a chuckle, shaking my head.

"Don't do that after I just cleaned it," I slapped her leg and made my way to cook the only thing I could make. Ramen.

I heard a click outside but didn't think much of it. I probably spent a good five minute raiding my cupboard. Once I found the box, I took off the lid, exposing all of the different kinds of ramen I owned.

"Do you want chicken or seafood ramen?"

Nothing.

"Heejung?" I called out again.

Nothing.

Letting out a loud sigh, I put the ramen back in the box and headed for the living room.

"Hee- "

The room was empty and when I looked in front of the door, her shoes were gone too. I didn't have to think again to know where she had disappeared to.

I put on my slippers and marched out of my apartment and made a sharp turn to Jimin's door, which wasn't closed properly. Without permission, I walked in and there was Heejung with Jun in her arms.

She had already made herself cosy on the sofa opposite to Jimin. They were giggling and she kept a finger on her lips, indicating him to be quiet when she saw me.

It wasn't even long since she came in and already they seemed closer than I would ever be with Jimin. That was probably the biggest difference between me and Heejung, our ability to make friends.

"Nari, come join us!" she said, patting the seat beside her, as if she was a resident of the apartment.

Jimin watched me expectantly, I sat down with them. Heejung had a bright smile on her face as she helped the baby drink the formula.

Whilst I had no passion for children, Heejung was basically at the other end of the spectrum. She loved them to bits. In fact, when we were young, her dream was to be a teacher and open her own nursery.

"Why couldn't fate be on my side and make you my neighbour instead of-"

I raised my brow, challenging him to finish his sentence. He pursed his lips and quickly looked up at the ceiling.

"It's such a shame, really. Nari has no other talent besides being smart," chuckled Heejung.

Jimin smirked but I narrowed my eyes at him and he instantly wiped it off his face.