【bonus chapter】 - years

d; 2/16/02

"here's your new friend, tae. say hi to him!"

his mother says whilst giving him a small but light-hearted smile. she ushers him to go to his new friend, and taehyung excitedly complies.

he skips over to the little boy. he gives him a big smile, and he waves his hands happily.

"hi! my name's kim taehyung. nice to meet you!"

taehyung joyously says while holding his hand out, and was expecting a handshake. but, he'just resulted the boy to shy away from him.

"now, now, kookie. he wants to say hi to you. be polite, please?" his mother requests him.

'so his name is kookie, huh.' taehyung thinks to himself.

"don't worry, kookie! i'll take good care of you and i wanna be your friend too!" taehyung chirps.

the younger boy still doesn't respond, but he looks at taehyung slowly from the back of his mother's leg. 

he gathered enough courage to timidly walk toward taehyung, and look up at him. 

"h-hi. i'm jeon jungkook." he meekly introduces himself.

taehyung squeals at his cute voice. "you're really cute!"

jungkook just blushes. 

-

d; 5/2/07

"hyung, what's the beauty of life?" 

asks a completely naive jungkook to taehyung, who was busy fiddling with the sleeve of his jacket. 

"the beauty of life? well, that depends on the person, kookie." he gently replies, with a smile tugging up the corners of his lips.

"then, tell me what you know hyung!"

taehyung airily chuckles and pulls jungkook closer, settling his hand on the younger boy's shoulder.

"since you're still on your youth, there are a lot of things that can be considered wonderful. maybe the stars twinkling in the sky? maybe the little butterflies flying around? or maybe the simple artistry that's found in the world's roundabouts?

it's your choice, kookie."

taehyung explains, a sincere smile never leaving his face. 

jungkook grins back at him, and he hugs the older boy tightly, burying his face in the crook of taehyung's neck.

"thanks, hyung." he mumbles against taehyung's skin.

-

d; 6/23/11

"taehyungie,"

taehyung chuckles. "that's hyung for you, brat."

jungkook rolls his eyes. "jeez."

"anyways, what do you want?"

a sudden nervousness dawns over jungkook. his lower lip becomes bitten, and his thumbs were already fiddling with each other. 

"i wanna tell you something.." he trails off.

"well, what is it?" taehyung asks.

"u-uh...w-well,"

"i-i..i like someone. a girl.."

taehyung's confused stare turned into a blank one. his eyes glistened with nothing, and his lips fell into a straight line. 

but inside, he was shattering.

"oh, that's all?" he asks with a monotuned voice.

jungkook looks up at him. "you're not mad..?"

taehyung shook his head. "no. i'm not. no worries."

he says with a faked smile.

-

d; 8/31/14

"h-hyung, what are you doing?" 

jungkook curiously asks while his hands grip at taehyung's biceps.

"kookie.."

the hold taehyung has around jungkook's waist just gets tighter, all while burying his face into the crook of the younger boy's neck. 

he's kissing the porcelain white skin, and listens to the melodic whimpers emitting out of jungkook's mouth. 

"i love you so much, kookie.."

something rings inside of jungkook's body, almost similar to a strong tongue of fire set ablaze. his doe eyes go wide, and his face is painted with an adoring shade of pink.

"w-what..?"

just as jungkook's mind was beginning to process on what taehyung said to him, he feels a pair of lips connecting with his. 

he feels the entirety of his body go numb. 

all except for his racing heart.

he didn't know what took over him, or what unexplained force that possessed him, but he started to reply back to the kiss his dear best friend gave him. 

he guesses that it's just a phenomenon.

minutes tick by, and the kiss was already been broken, with the two males looking at each other as an aftermath. 

jungkook leans his body forward, his forehead firmly resting on taehyung's broad chest, listening to the muffled beats of his heart. 

he decides that he loves him too.

-

dick figures is such a nice show :')