Marriage

Yasmin's POV

I went to the bathroom to change into my so called gown for my ...marriage

It was a beautiful white dress, Adam bought. It looked real pricy, but I'll return it to him when the marriage is over.

I put my makeup reluctantly. I always loved makeup, since childhood. Adam offered for a professional makeup artist but I said no. I think I do a good job with makeup.

I felt like something was missing, something really big. Maybe my father, he was always there from my happy to my sad days he was always there, and the day I'am getting married is the day his not here. I deeply had a fear of all this, my dad is Hispanic and my mother was Lebanese. If baba even knew a little of what I am doing he'll disown me. The thought of that made my stomach flip.

I hope everything goes fine. I turned to the door and opened it.

I put my heels on and made my way to the living room.

I saw Adam standing.

He was wearing a sky blue suit, he was just buttoning his coat as he looked at me with raised eyebrows, oh lord I don't wanna fall for him. His hair was getting long, so he put it in a man bun, I never noticed how long it was maybe because it's always covered in a hat, beanie or hoodie.

His eyes examined my entire body making me blush. Before lowering his gaze.

"Ready?" He asked extending his hand

I took a deep breath and nodded as I held his hand.

I was walking down the stairs,Adam was holding my hand while walking showily beside me. I felt like a queen.

I gasped as My ankle twisted and just I was about to hit the ground I felt a strong arm around my waist. I closed my eyes with both of my hands with fear.

When I opened my eyes I met the same pair of dark beautiful eyes, thank you Adam.

He was looking at my lips, and I strangely didn't want him to let go.

No Yasmin!

I quickly removed his hand from my waist. And took a step back.

I fiddled with my scarf before looking at him, he was staring at the ground.

"Why're you so scared, are you really scared of me doing something to you" he said without looking up at me

I opened my mouth to clear the misunderstanding, but he just walked away and sat in the car. I adjusted my heels and made my way to the car holding my dress away from the ground.

I huffed and went and sat in the passengers. The ride was really quiet and Adam was driving so fast.

What's wrong with him.
--------------------------------

The sheikh was reciting the verses from the Quran. Giving me the goosebumps, I caught Adam taking a few glances at me. When the sheikh finished the verses before asking us to sign the Nikha papers which will make us religiously... married.

My hands were trembling as I was so close to sign it. My eyes were glassy from the tears forming, my breathing getting un even.

I felt a hand on my back.

I looked back...it was Adam, I didn't react because maybe Adams intentions are not bad.