I'm A Walking Travesty (All Time Low Fan Fic) - Chapter Fourteen

Chapter 14

Samantha’s P.O.V

“Look at this,” I whispered.

Sof crept quietly to where I stood. Jack and Valarie were asleep on her bunk. He had his arms wrapped tightly around her waist and even in his sleep I could tell that he never wanted to let go. Her hands her clutching his. I wasn’t sure what happened last night, but I really wanted them to be dating already. I could tell Sof was thinking the same thing as me, and the two of us left the bedroom to let Jack and Val sleep in peace.

“Did you see them?” Alex asked.

I nodded, sitting beside him and cuddling up to his chest. It was still freezing outside and the temperature wasn’t much warmer in the bus.

“Do you think anything happened last night?” Zack asked.

I just shrugged. None of us knew what was going on with those two except for Rian, who wasn’t about to tell us anything about what happened with him and Jack last night. No one was sure if Jack and Valarie were together, but neither of us was game to ask.

“Good morning,” Valarie grumbled as she emerged from the bedroom.

“How did you sleep?” I asked.

“Fine,” she murmured, rubbing her eyes.

She looked at all of us, who were staring at her eagerly, and her face fell.

“You saw that didn’t you?” Valarie asked, sticking a thumb over her shoulder to point at the bedroom.

We all nodded and she heaved a sigh before making her way to the fridge. She pulled a packet of M&M’s out and started eating them.

“Nothing happened between us,” She started.

“Then how do you explain that?” Matt smirked.

Valarie glared at him before continuing, “I was cold last night and he kinda, just, got in my bed I guess.”

I watched the expression cross over her face. I could tell that she had no idea who she felt about what happened. Then her face twisted and her jaw dropped open.

“Oh my god, what about Jordan?” she gasped.

 “You know how much I love you, right?” Alex asked.

I looked at him and smiled, “Yes, but you don’t tell me much any more.”

“Well, I love you. I love you. I love you!” He shouted, leaning over and smothering me with kisses.

I laughed and pushed him off me so I could sit up, “I love you too.”

He flashed me one of his beautiful smiles and he laced his fingers around my hands and brought them up to his lips to kiss them. I rolled my eyes and giggled.

“I love you,” he whispered.

He dropped my hand and leant forward, pressing his lips gently to mine. I closed my eyes and reached up a hand and tangled my fingers in his hair. He put his hands on my waist as I kissed my back hungrily. His lips were soft against mine.

“C’mon guys! Knock it off! We’re at a public pool!” Jack shouted from the other side of the pool.

Alex and I pulled away from each other and looked over to where he stood by himself.

“Sorry Jack,” Alex yelled back.

I laughed and Alex pulled me from the edge of the pool and into the water before following me in. My head popped up from above the water and I made a bad attempt to push him over, failing miserably.

Valarie’s P.O.V

“I believe you. It’s fine, seriously,” Jordan said over the phone, “You two are good friends, there is nothing wrong with that.”

“So you aren’t mad?” I asked.

“No. I’m glad you told me,” He said, and I could hear the smile in his voice.

“Thank you,” I heaved a sigh of relief.

“Well I gotta go, talk later,” He said and hung up.

I put my phone in my duffle bag and turned back to the book I was reading, but not really paying attention to. Of Mice and Men. I was only reading it because there was a band named after it. The band was better. I felt someone sit down beside me and I pretended to be more interested in the book than what I really was.

“Not swimming?” Jack asked.

I peered over the edge of my book, “No. Don’t really like pools.”

“Seriously?” He questioned, raising his eyebrows.

“I’m kinda hydrophobic,” I murmured, “Afraid of swimming.”

He laughed a little and I bit my lip.

“So you won’t even put your feet it?” He asked.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. Jack grinned widely and I followed him to the edge of the pool near the shallow end. I sat down beside him and dipped my toes in the water. The cool waves lapped around my feet and I stiffened a little. It wasn’t that I was afraid of water, I was just afraid of swimming in it.

“Of all people, I never picked you to be scared of swimming,” Jack said gently.

He sat beside me and dangled his own legs in the water. Our feet touched lightly and I felt odd tingles run through my body. He seemed to have felt the same way because he shuffled away from me slightly.

“Why are you?” Jack asked, “Afraid of water I mean.”

“I nearly drowned when I was about six or seven,” I murmured.

“Oh. I didn’t kn-.”

“It’s fine. I’ve just never liked water since.”

“Will you get in?” He urged.

I felt him move closer and his thigh touched mine. I breathed in deeply and all I could smell was him. He smelt nice, and even though I didn’t want to, I really liked the feel of his touch. Jack put his big hand over mine and squeezed it gently, sending tingles up my spine. I nodded and he helped me into the pool. The water was about up to my waist and felt myself stand on my toes anyway, to keep my head away from the water.

“Calm down. I won’t let anything happen to you,” Jack said gently.

His voice made me melt and I slowly put my heels down on the bottom of the pool. He was still holding my hand, and as much as I felt like I had to let go, I didn’t.

“Put your head under.”

“No, I can’t.”

“You can.”

“No, I can-.”

But I was cut off by Jack’s lips pressing to mine. They were soft, much softer than I had expected, and inviting. He wrapped his arms around the small of my back, pulling my body closer to his. I didn’t move, I was frozen to the spot, but I could feel my lips kissing him back. It was as if I was watching from the outside of my body.

Jack bit my lip hungrily, but gently before pulling me down under the water with his arms still wrapped around me. But I didn’t freak out like I thought I would have, or should have. I felt completely safe in his arms, like nothing in the world could possibly hurt me. As much as this kiss was wrong, it felt so right, but I knew I would kick myself over and over again later for enjoying it so much.