I'm A Walking Travesty (All Time Low Fanfic) - Chapter Three

Samantha’s P.O.V

Alex ran his fingers through my hair as we both lay on the sofa, watching Cass, Jack and Valarie as they sat at the dining table. Valarie had really started to let her hair down after having a few drinks. She had started opening up a lot more too, and her Alabaman accent was even more prominent.

“So, what do you think of her?: I asked as I adjusted my position on Alex’s chest so I could see his face.

“She’s great!” He said, “Really seems to get along with Jack.”

I looked back over at the dining table where Jack and Valarie were both laughing about something. Out of the three of them, Cass looked completely sober while Jack looked extremely drunk.

“Who wants to play strip poker?” Jack shouted.

“Keep your clothes on in front of the new girl!” I called back.

Before I had a chance to move, Alex stood up causing me to fall off the sofa.

“I’m so in!” he yelled.

“I’m out,” Valarie and I said in unison.

We both stood up at the same time and I followed her into the bedroom. Zack and Sof were sitting on his bunk taking pictures on Sof’s computer. They looked up as we walked in and shut the door behind us. Through the wall I could hear Jack laughing hysterically at something in a laugh that didn’t even sound like him.

“They’re playing strip poker out there if you wanna join,” I said to Zack and Sof.

Zack jumped off the bunk, catching Sof as she came down after him before leaving the room to Valarie and me. She plonked herself on the bottom bunk beside mine and stared up at the mattress above her. I mirrored her on my own bunk opposite hers.

“How’s your first day been soldier?” I asked.

“Better that expected,” she replied, turning her head slightly so she was facing me.

“Everyone treating you okay?”

“Yep,” she nodded.

Valarie’s P.O.V

“Pit stop! Everyone get up!” someone shouted.

I rolled over and opened my eyes to see who it was. Jack was skipping up at down the isle between the bunks while banging a frying pan with a wooden spoon. He looked like he has just got out of the shower and only managed to pull on a pair of jeans.

“Rise and shine, Alabama! We need more beer!” He shouted.

Samantha slammed her pillow over her head and rolled over to face the wall as if it was completely normal to be woken up like this in the morning. No one else moved. Jack stopped hitting the frying pan with the spoon and yanked my out of bed by my arm.

“Hey!” I shouted groggily.

“Dude, do you want clean clothes or not?” He asked.

I didn’t reply because Cass jumped off her bunk, landing with a soft thud on the floor beside us.

“You can’t go out there anyway,” she said to Jack.

Before I could ask why, Cass drew back the curtains from a small window. Outside was a mass of teenagers with signs that said “Have my babies Jack” and “Marry me Rian”.

“Time to meet the fans!” Jack said.

Cass grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the bedroom towards the front door. Donna and Rian were already up and were sitting on the sofa watching the TV. Before I had a chance to say good morning, Cass pulled me out the front door. I expected to be flooded by fans, but realised as soon as we got outside that there were barriers in place to stop them from getting two meters close to the bus. Cass kept pulling me down to the back of the bus until we reached the trailer.

“Why did we have to do this?” I asked as she opened the doors and started pulling out bags.

“Because we aren’t emotionally involved with the band.”

“What, you mean like dating?” I asked.

“Exactly,” she answered.

“But what does that have to do with anything?”

“The teenies go berserk if they find out you are dating a member,” She answered, throwing a suitcase at me.

“But how would they know?” I asked.

She turned around to me and gave me a sarcastic look.

“The teenies ALWAYS know.”

Sof’s P.O.V

“Dickhead!” I shouted

“Bitch!” Zack shouted back.

“Idiot!”

“Dumbass!”

“I hate you!”

“No you don’t,” he smiled.

“True,” I sighed.

I punched him hard in the arm and turned back to the video game. I hated playing Mario Kart with Zack. He was impossible to beat. Even Zack, master of controllers couldn’t beat him. The front door slammed open and Cass and Valarie ran in screaming drive.  Cass’ hair was dripping and Valarie had a massive wet patch on her shirt.

“What happened?” Jack asked.

“Some girl threw a drink bottle at us because we would let them in the bus,” Cass said, ringing out her hair with her hands.

They both joined us on the couch. Jack threw a controller at Valarie and she picked up and stared at it.

“Wanna play?” Jack asked, and I couldn’t help but take it to the extreme wrong way.

Valarie shrugged and picked up the controller.