Chapter 20

AJ's POV

"Come on, I promise I'll be on bedrest. I won't even leave home." I beg Marco

Doctor Greene cleared me saying I could go home but of course she gave Marco the option of keeping me here on bed rest.

"You staying here. That's that, if you come home it will be different than what you saying right now." He chastises me. "Aliyah I'm not trying to go through this again. I need you to understand how important you are and I just need you to lay low." He never once breaks eye contact so I know he's dead serious.

"I know baby but I just want to be wrapped up in your arms. I don't even know if I'm fully forgiven or not." I lower my eyes to his shirt that as apparently become so interesting.

Marco is the type that will act cool and keep everything inside but then explodes on you when you do something wrong.

"I'm not gonna say you're fully forgiven but what I can tell you is that we'll work past it." He lifts my chin and smiles at me.

I smile innocently "So about me coming home?" I eye him and he rolls his eyes.

"You're staying here until next week so suck it up." He says with a slightly stern voice and I want to slap him. Does he think he's talking to Vecko?

I look him in the eye and do the one thing I know that'll make him give me what I want.

"I'm sorry I-I just really wante-wwwanted to go home and I-" I trail off crying.

"Don't cry." He sighs and I just cry harder.

He sighs and I do a little happy dance in my head because I know he'll break. I learnt this when I was pregnant with Vecko.

He sits on the bed beside me and wraps his arms around me. I'm immediately enveloped in his warmness and I feel safe.

"You can come home but I swear to God if you leave that house without me knowing I'll shoot you myself." His voice had no hint of a joke. He was all seriousness.

"I love you." I smile at him.

"Forever and Always." He pecks my lips but I hold his face deepening the kiss. I run my fingers through his hair and he bites my lower lip asking for entrance.

"Can you guys not? I just ate." Tommy's voice breaks through our moment.

"Couldn't you have given us five more minutes?" I groan. I'm pregnant and hormonal I can't help myself.

"No sex for the next weeks." Doctor Greene says walking in the room. "The virus might not have affected you as much but we need to make sure the babies keep stable. So no sex to put strain on em." She says looking over my papers. "Also eat as healthy as possible."

"Is she going home or is she staying?"

"I'm going home." I answer her.

"Marco?" She waits on Marco totally disregarding my answer completely.

He looks at me long and hard before answering.

"She's coming home." and she nods and goes to get my discharge paper.

"Soooo...." Tommy drawls out. "I heard you died. " He jokes and Marco's head snaps to him with hard eyes.