Who Gave Me the Note? 1/2

~Kerri's POV~

Immediately after we ended our little conversation with Wei coming out, I realised something. So how did the note get to me if it was supposed to be in his file? I tried to come out with as many possibilities as possible, trying to get to the bottom of this case. While doing my endless stack of homework, half my mind was constantly on what could have happened. I decided to text Wei again. I asked him if his note was always in his file. He said that the note was always in his file. He also said that he lost the note about a week ago. He had left his file in the canteen while he went to settle some paperwork in the General Office. He said that when he had got back to his table, the note had already gone. He did not make an effort to look for the note as he had initially thought that the note had simply flew away because of the strong winds. He totally did not expect the note to somehow get to me and was in great shock when I texted him about it. I was not really a sociable person in school. Hence, my circle of friends was generally kind of small. In my CCA, other than Shane, Shyan and Yeevon, I did not really talk to the other members. In class, I only had three friends, they did not know who Wei is, though, so I doubt they would have stolen the note to give to me. Only Shane, Shyan and Yeevon knew about Wei...

I thought of the Shyan and Yeevon. Shane did not really know about Wei, I merely mentioned his name to him a couple of times. I was deep in thought, I had not even realised that I had stopped writing on my worksheet and was merely staring off into blank space. I decided to push off those thoughts for a while and get back to the work that I was doing earlier. I was in the school library doing work. I continued writing and writing, trying to get those thoughts out of my mind. I kind of succeeded, but still cannot help but get lost in thought on the way home.

~Shane's POV~

I have been really tired lately. Although I have been coping somewhat well, I still cannot help but keep thinking back to what happened on that very Monday where Kerri and I ran away from the restaurant. Unbelievably, the first week of school has coming to an end and it will be Friday tomorrow. Thinking back to Monday...

The sky was beautiful. It was so perfect. It was majestic even. But why did Kerri suddenly pull me away from the restaurant? That was weird. Wouldn't my parents and relatives be shocked and worried? Kerri must have seen right through me as she explained that her sister will take care of my family and we can be totally alone for a while. A buzz sounded, and Kerri took her phone out from her pocket and checked it. She said that her sister said that my mom gave us until 9 pm alone. That was really surprising of my mother. She generally tended to be quite strict. I was not complaining, though. In fact, I was really happy about this. I heard my stomach growl a little. My noodles were unfinished and I am in need of food. Kerri, being the mind reader and usual, took my hand in hers and led me to a nearby Chinese place. Kerri seemed to have the magical ability to read my mind. I really don't know how she does it but, I am really glad that she understands me so well.

I was really happy. Overjoyed in fact. We talked and laugh while eating. We ate happily. We talked about everything possible. The food there was really good there too. When we finished our meal, we went to pay for it and decided to walk back to the restaurant, seeing that it was close to nine. "Honestly, Kerri, I really do not want to go back there. Can I just stay here with you?" She chuckled, a most beautiful sound, complimenting her alto voice. "I wish we could too. But all good things have to come to an end, right?" she said as she looped her arms around me. Not really, I thought to myself. You can preserve make good things last forever and ever, but you have to put in the effort to make it happen.
I walked back to the restaurant with Kerri, hand in hand. Her hands were warm and her silky smooth skin somehow managed to calm me. When we entered the restaurant, my uncle and aunt were staring at me, but they did not say a word. Kerri walked back to her table after giving me a reassuring smile. I walked to my seat and sat back down. I realised my food had been cleared and it was replaced with a coke float. I took the straw and sipped my float silently. Before I know it, my uncle and aunt burst out, questions firing me at rapid speed. I swear I almost fainted right there on the spot. I blocked out their annoying voices. I blatantly ignored them, pulling out my book to make it more obvious that I was totally not interested in their words. All in all, that night was made bearable when Kerri and I ran away together, away from the noise, to happiness.

I woke up on Friday morning. I got ready for school and went to the train station to wait for the train. I saw that I had a text from Kerri.

Kerri: Hi! I'm at your train station right now, let's go to school together :)

Me: Sure! I just reached.

I looked around and spotted her not far away. This was new, we had only gone home after school together, never to school. It was a new experience, but if that meant that I could spend more time with Kerri, count me in. "Hi! Why the sudden decision to go to school with me though?" I asked. She said that she really enjoyed spending time with me, so much that she wanted to spend more time with me, so she thought that we could go to school together. I was honestly so happy that she enjoyed my company too! She looped her arms around me and pulled me in for a hug. It felt so right, so perfect. It made me whole, I guess. "You will always be my princess. Remember that," she said into my ear whilst we were in the embrace. I literally melted from happiness.

We entered the train and headed to school, with happiness filling our hearts.