Chapter Two: Breaking into the lab.

Start from the beginning

"Dad you babysit a dickhead!" the girl shouted.

I glare at her, what did she just call me?
"Sally, cool it!" bellowed Keith. Keith has a daughter? I never knew that. He has one day off a week. One day a week and my father will decide that every Monday which day that may be, sometimes he don't even get that. Taking a job like this, takes up a lot of your time, I thought I knew everything about Keith, he has a daughter?
Why would he keep that a secret?
Keith came into the study,his same usual bulk self. "Sorry about this, Nico. My daughter hasn't been taught manners. I found out recently I had a daughter," he whispered.
Ah now that would make sense. "Well maybe you could take her back to where she came from!" I snap as I get up off the sofa and leave the study. Danny came rushing over to me brushing against my legs.
I picked him up before I reached the stairs and climbed up them. This is just what I need, a new tart around the house. She shouldn't even be here? Does my dad even know about this?
I entered my room and closed the door behind me. I sat down on my bed I made sure Danny didn't sit on it though and let him drop to the floor.
He gave a meow like he was annoyed. Anita had a thing with him going on my bed she said it was silk and it was expensive and he would ruin it or rip it.
I understood and did as she asked she worked so hard to keep my room clean so that's the least I could do.
I sighed and thought about Billy how am I was supposed to deal with this whole needing money thing. I had told him I don't have money my dad does.
I knew what that meant it meant I had to steal some from the safe in his lab. I wondered how much he had in there; I wondered how much Billy needed.
I thought about telling Keith about him would he beat him up for me? Of course he wouldn't I shook my head and called myself a idiot that wasn't a part of his job, to beat people up it was to guard me.
I heard a knock on my door it broke me from my thoughts it slowly opened an inch or two with a creak.
Keith popped his head through the gap and smiled, "Just to let you know you, me, your dad and Sally are all having dinner together tonight.  Anita's doing her special roast," he licked his lips, "I can't wait," he said his smile widening.
I didn't say anything only nodded he closed the door and I was back to thinking about how I was going to get into my dad's lab without him knowing, somehow manage to open his safe and take however much I guess Billy needed may as well have been named mission impossible.
Suddenly an idea crept up inside my head. I have no idea how I had never thought about it before. How it never really occurred to me until now. Well maybe with Billy on my back has made me really want to get into that lab, now more then ever. I only have one chance to do it though and it has to be tonight. My father may as well as live in his lab, he pretty much does.
So maybe you wonder how I'm going to get into the lab right. I was calling it mission impossible no more then a minute ago but I think it may just be possible. Danny jumped onto my lap and laid there looking right at me. At least he isn't on the bed. I stroke him softly, looking over at my bedroom window, which is a lot bigger then any normal window. "Danny you miss mum don't you? Is that why you attacked Keith?" I ask him like he is going to answer me.
He just continues to stare at me, "Of course you wouldn't understand me," I sigh.
I suddenly get off the bed making Danny run away towards the door. He starts to scratch at it but I ignore him as I rush over to my desk and pull out the first draw bringing it over to my bed and tipping its contents onto it. I searched the papers until I found something that I had found in my mum's room once she had died to keep as keep sake. Even though my dads work is important to him. After dinner on a Monday night he'll leave the mansion for a couple hours to go out with his two closest friends. His two friends that happen to be my godfather and godmother to be persist. Oh and who are also scientists although my dad works alone the three of them whenever they get together discuss all there latest experiments that they've done and if they've found out anything exciting from them.
Science bores me to death so I can't possibly think how they could spend hours talking about it let alone my dad revolving his whole life around it.
I picked up the hair pin I bet your wondering how a girl's hair pin is going to help me the answer is simple Darren he had taught me how to pick locks, although I had never tried until now I hoped I remembered bow to do it,
it was so long ago that he had taught me. I slid it into my trousers pocket then realized I hadn't yet got changed out my suit so that's what I did first. I quickly changed into my d and g jeans and Armani top that my dad had bought me.
I slid the hair pin into my jeans pocket and looked at the clock above the huge flat screen TV four o'clock two hours till dinner. I smiled as I knew what I could do to kill time till then. I turned the TV and my PS3 on and
sat down on the bed again. Two hours of zombie shooting would at least help me take my mind of Billy and what I had to do tonight after dinner.
I look at the screen, round thirty six, I had somehow achieved this playing with some random kid who sounds at least a couple years younger but I can't complain.
We are one round away from beating my high score, as I hardly ever play Ascension on black ops one anymore. "Nico dinner is ready in five!" calls Anita from outside my door.
"Okay," I call back. Sorry but I'm not leaving this round until I beat my record.
Suddenly I got corned by two Zombies showing up from no where, I swop my gun to my ray gun but I watch as I know it's too late. "Shit I'm sorry!" I shout into my speaker.
"Its cool dude I'm coming," says the kid on the microphone.
"Hey I've got to go now. I'll leave this on. Fight till you die, we play again soon," I say before I turn the TV off leaving the PS3 on.
I leave the bedroom and take a slow walk towards the massive dinning room right beside the kitchen. I hardly eat in here these days, very surprising there will be four of us up at the table tonight.
I reach the dinning room to find my father, Keith and Sally already sitting down.
"Good of you to join us son. I was just asking if you had told Keith how school went," he smiled.
"It was fine. May I ask something?"
"Go on Nico," he smiles.
"Why is Sally joining us for dinner?" I ask rudely.
Sally snares right at me, her dark grey eyes gazing over, almost like crystals. I would know I've seen some big ones. She pushes her bright blond hair away from her face looking over at her father and mine.
"Well, son Keith is very loyal to us," he begins.
"Cut the entire crap dad and just tell me," I say sharply.
"Sally will be staying here from now on. She will also go to Sixth form just like you and the same school in fact. This will be good for her and maybe for you too.
Maybe someone around your age at home is what you need," smiles my dad.
"But why I don't see why she has to," I begin.
"Enough, Nico you told me to cut the crap and so I did. If you don't want to listen to what the reason was, don't ask five seconds later. The fact is this is happening and I want you to help Sally settle in,
she could do with some support right now," my dad beams.
Sally smiles back at my dad then at hers but when no one else saw she gave me an evil glare.
This is bullshit, I repeat bullshit!
Sally is a slag, a tart. I give you three reasons why.
One, she has a right attitude problem.
Two, she wears so much makeup she probably wouldn't have a face left once you wiped it all away.
Last but not least she might as well not be wearing clothes. If she stood up, I assure you could see her ass.
Most boys would love that, Darren including but all those three together I wouldn't in a million years.
Despite the fact that this day couldn't get any worse I sighed and took a seat opposite Keith on the dining table I stared down at my empty plate then looked over to the roast in the middle of the table all the good bits had already been taken.
Anita was preparing pudding I wasn't going to stick around for that I'm not really a big fan of pudding. I sat there waiting feeling embarrassed because Anita usually cut up the breast for me (it was my favourite part of roast chicken
and not for the reason that your thinking) whenever she did roast chicken. I got up she must have heard it because she turned around and said, "Oh Nico didn't know whether you would be joining us or not.
Otherwise I would have had your chicken cut up and on your plate."
At that moment sally snorted a laugh I shot her a look that told her to shut it, it didn't seem to faze her. "It's okay," I said looking at Anita, "I'll do it myself."
I was hopeless when it came to anything to do with food so I hoped I wasn't going to embarrass myself. I walked over to where the chicken was picked up the massive knife beside it and cut myself a small piece
of what was left of the breast it wasn't hard to slice off.
I put it on my plate that is all I'm going to eat I wasn't in the mood for much then again I never am after that nobody said anything we all ate in silence.
Every now and again Sally looked at me with a expression that told said I'm going to make your life hell around here. I ignored her all I could think about was what I had to do after dad went out later.
I'm dreading it I found myself starting to sweat.I got up from the table first, no surprise there.
"Oh son I'll see you tomorrow afternoon after school. Insure if you have any homework you do it. I'll make sure to say hi to your godmother and godfather," he beams before he gets up from the table himself and leaves the room
 before I get a chance too. I shrug my shoulders before I head out the kitchen and towards the study. I didn't stay in the study long. I just stayed long enough to insure Sally and Keith had gone upstairs and my father had left the mansion.
All I have to go on is my father be out hours, Sally really couldn't give a shit what I'm doing and Keith is more concentrated on Sally at the moment. I know it's not much, and I could possibly get caught but no going back now.
Danny came towards me slipping through the Study door. I gave him a quick stroke before I took out the hairpin in my trousers and left the room.
I walk along the corridor, watching everywhere before I head towards the back of the mansion where I knew I find the door down into my father's lab.
Never been in it but I know where the door is. I mean I would, I've tried to get in before but never thought about breaking into it like this. One screw up, one sound that don't sound right and I could be in some serious trouble.
I hear Billy's voice echo inside my head, I shake it from my thoughts and finally find the wooden oak door with not only one lock but four. Each one harder to get into but I'm sure I could do this;
I just need to remember what Darren had taught me. Bring it from the back of my mind to the front.
I look around, no one in sight. I slip the hairpin into the first lock. It slips in and for a second I thought it broke but that was just my heart beating way too loud in my chest.
I slip the hairpin in and out following each movement like Darren would. My heart leaped as I heard the first lock click too. I slip the hairpin out the first lock and straight into the second and following the same routine.
I kept an eye on my back as I worked at the locks. As I heard the last one click open and the door opened as I pulled it, I smirked. How did I not think of that before?
I don't worry or linger on the question I had asked myself I slip inside and close the door behind me. I can't see a thing, I start putting my hand on the wall until I feel a light switch.
My mouth fell open. Stairs led down into the lab, the stairs creaked as I headed down them, one point I thought they may break but they didn't.
I had no idea the lab would be this big. I notice the glassed off part of the lab first at the far end. It looked like my dad was doing an experiment in there and no way could I break in there.
It's locked by a secure security card. I wonder why he hasn't done that for the first door upstairs. I walk through tables with different plants on, all types of potions and solutions which I take are dangerous as my dad always said.
I look around wondering if I would never find a safe in between all this lot. I spot a picture hanging on the wall, the only picture may I add. I shake my head in disbelief before I head over to it. I take hold of the picture and take it down.
I smile as I find the safe in the wall. It's locked by a code.
Now what do I do?
I think for a while before I put in my mothers birthday and as I hear it click open I smile to myself. There wasn't as much money as I thought would be in here but there is plenty for Billy. I pull out a thousand pound in cash.
I look around and before figuring out I had one option. I stuff the money down my pants as quickly as possible. I notice a lot of other things in here too like some vials but I don't think I need to worry about any of them.
I close the safe and put the picture back up. I take one last look at the lab before I head back up the stairs. I turn the light off and slip out into the corridor. I close the door behind me, the doors clicking shut and locking automatically.
I turn around and smash straight into...
-------------------------------
Thanks for reading.
This does get better plz stick by this it mean a lot
Any votes and comments mean a lot