Chapter 18. The Rum Tum Tugger.

The sound of paper ripping drew Munkustrap and the other slightly older cats attention to near Old Deuteronomy's tire. 

"Meow!" It was Tugger. He pounced out onto the tire and ruffled his mane before tucking his gloved paws into his metallic belt. Etcetera let out a high pitched yowl from where she was standing still dressed as a beetle. "Meow!" 

Jenny and Munkustrap crouched to the floor and gave one another a knowing look. 

The Rum Tum Tugger is a curious cat!

Tugger: If you offer me pheasant I'd rather have grouse. If you put me in a house i would much prefer a flat, if you put me in a flat then i'd rather have a house, if you set me on a mouse then I only wanna rat, if you set me on a rat then i'd rather chase a mouse!

George kicked a ball out from the sides which Tugger swung around and kicked it flying over the car. Victoria and Jemima danced alongside the tom, even though they had affectionate interests in others the notorious Tugger still amused them. 

The Rum Tum Tugger is a curious cat!

Etcetera appeared once again from the sides with her friend Plato in tow. Tugger noticed the kit and took his chance: he thrust his groin in her direction sending her flying back into Plato's arms completely starstruck. 

Tugger: And there isn't any call for me to shout it!

Etcetera regained her composure and marched away flapping her arms gleefully. 

For he will do as he do, do!    

Tugger: And there's no doing anything abou-oh-wow-it! 

Tugger ruffled his mane and strutted forwards. Behind, Victoria and Jemima had their paws on their hips and rolled their heads in time with the fast pace music. Tumblebrutus and Pouncival made their way onto the clearing, shaking their heads and marching in a dramatic manner. Tugger wiggled his shoulders before turning to Jemima and pointing to the kit, making her smile broaden. Misto slid out to the clearing next and halted beside Tugger. He shot the tom an unamused glare. 

Mistoffelees: The Rum Tum Tugger is a terrible bore..!

Tugger glanced at the shorter magic cat and him a mischievous smirk which Misto responded with an eye roll before slinking away. 

Tugger: When you let me in then I wanna go out. I'm always on the wrong side of every door! And as soon as I get home then I like to get about, I like to lie in the bureau draw-

He skidded to his knees by the girls whom paused in curiosity of his next move.

Tugger: -But I make such a fuss if I can't get out!

Over by the entrance to the female's den, Bombalurina watched the tom dance in distaste. What Jenny had said earlier on in the day had really stuck with her, so when Etcetera danced by, Bombalurina pulled the younger cat to the side. 

"I need you to take my place in a moment." Bomba hissed. Etcetera stared at the queen in complete disbelief. 

"What?! Why?" 

"Please just do it." Bombalurina pleaded, her eyes were glassy in the moonlight. As much as Etcetera fangirled over Tugger, she wasn't looking for anything serious like Bombalurina. Reluctantly, the white and tan cat nodded and watched as the queen stalked away to find a perch. Etcetera lunged around and pointed to Tugger as she sung what was supposed to be Bombalurina's line. 

Etcetera: The Rum Tum Tugger is a curious beast!

The tom frowned when he didn't hear Bomba's sultry voice. He glanced over his mane to see Etcetera in her place. 

Tugger: My disobliging ways are a matter of haaabit! 

Etcetera prowled forward to Tugger as she whipped her tail around. The tom played along but he knew he'd have to find Bomba later on. 

Tugger: Now if you offer me fish then I always want a feast and if there isn't any fish then I won't eat a rabbit! If you offer me cream then I sniff and snare! 

Etcetera kicked her leg up to the air before leaning back against Tugger and gazing up at him. 

Tugger: I only like what I find for myself...

He trailed a paw up Etcetera's chest to her chin he then glanced at her and gave a smirk. 

Tugger: No. 

He dropped Etcetera to the floor who huffed in fury yet she did not give up that easily, so she sprung upwards. 

Tugger: So you'll catch me in it right up to my ears if you put it away on a larder shelf!

The Rum Tum Tugger is artful and knowing, the Rum Tum Tugger-

Tugger: Doesn't care for a cuddle! So i'll leap on your lap in the middle of your sewing 'cause there's nothing I enjoy like a horrible muddle. 

The Jellicles split off to do their own individual thing for a moment as the Rum Tum Tugger pranced about. 

First he clambered onto the car where the older cats were hanging out. Asparagus and Skimble huffed as the tom skidded near them before he slid down the car's boot in between Jelly and Jenny's sewing debate. Tugger kissed them both on the cheek before leaping away as they grumbled after him. The still dancing cats formed lines and spread out their arms, pattering their paws from side to side. Tugger jogged over to his seated nephews and niece, whom were meowing loudly at their father nearby. Tugger tickled the underside of Hariena's chin and he then ruffled George and Callus' fluffy heads. Demeter was stood nearby staring in awe at the Jellicle moon but her daydreaming was interrupted when Tugger waved his gloved paw in front of her face. Violently, she hissed and batted him away. 

The Rum Tum Tugger is a curious cat! The Rum Tum Tugger doesn't care for a cuddle!

Tugger sidestepped in front of the rest who leaned in close and paused on the spot. Asparagus, Skimble, Jenny and Jelly stood on the tire in annoyance and muttered things such as "awfully annoying," behind them Munkustrap and Alonzo watched the dancing cats with their arms folded and Munkustrap wondered where on earth his younger brother had inherited such outrageous behavior. 

The Rum Tum Tugger is a curious cat!

Tugger: And there isn't any need for me to spout it.

For he will do as he do...

Tugger: And...

Victoria, Electra, Jemima and Etcetera crawled forwards to Tugger's paws as his voice softened. 

Tugger: There's no doing anything...abouuut...

The kits recoiled in excitement and meowed as Tugger shimmed his hips. 

Tugger: Abou-oh-wow-oh-wow-oh-woww-

The girls scratched at their ears and squealed louder, feeling absolutely starstruck. 

Tugger: Abou-oh-wow-oh-wow-oh-wow-oh-wooowwwww!!!

Tugger's voice raised so high Etcetera could barely contain herself! She rose upto her knees and screeched loudly, startling almost everyone. Jemima peered over to her friend in shear amazement. Suddenly, Tugger clapped his paw to the female's mouth, silencing her joy. 

Tugger: About it!

As the music came to an abrupt end everyone pointed to the curious cat, but as Tugger's hazel eyes scanned the Jellicles, the sultry red queen was no where to be seen.