Bonus Chapter: The Story Book

Start from the beginning

“I don’t need anything. I just need you.” I said.

“Why are you mad at me?” she asks, innocently. I suppress the urge to scoff and laugh.

I shook my head as I approach her. This time, I was glad she didn’t take a step back.

Forget about that. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude to you.”

She frowns at me. “Are you always this mean to me?”

This time I laugh. “No. I just had a tantrum attack.” she’s hesitant about it. “It’s not fatal. It’s barely a disease. Don’t worry.”

“I’m not worried. I just want to make sure you don’t hurt me.” Ouch. So I was right that she has doubts about me.

“Why would I hurt you?”

She shrugs.

“I just missed you. That’s all.”

She peeks at me. “You missed me?”

I rolled my eyes at her. “Tam, just because you think I’m mad at you doesn’t mean I don’t think about you. Did you know I go insane thinking about you?”

She snorts at me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her again. As far as I remembered, I didn’t put a reminder on her little red notebook to meet me here.

Her eyebrows crease as she tries to figure it out. Then she gives up with a sigh. “I’m sorry. I really don’t know.”

I sighed. “Well, since you’re already here might as well spend the day with me.”

“Spend the day how?”

“It’s not like you have to pay for it. Up to you.” I said and she cocks an eyebrow at my direction. “You came here in the first place.”

I see that famous question mark on top of her head. “I came here alone?”

I sighed in exhaustion and I turned my attention to my aerosols inside the box. She sees the box too and then her eyes wander at the graffiti on the walls.

“Such strange walls.” She says as if I wasn’t there with her.

“What about them?”

She twists her lips to the side as she crosses her arms. “It’s like they tell a certain story.”

I leaned in to her, mischievously. “What kind of story?”

She turns to poke my arm but a smile crosses her face. “A love story maybe.”

My impish nature takes its place on the limelight. As I came close towards her, she held my gaze just the way she usually does when she thinks I’m challenging her. I can see that same spark in her eyes that says she’s again letting me take over her.

“I’ll tell you a secret.” The moment I said that, her eyes glowed with excitement. “I think I can trust you.” I narrowed my eyes at her, playfully.

She smirks up at me. “You chose the right person.”

I smirk back and I leaned more closely to her just as our noses could meet. She tilts her head up, leaving our lips a few more agonizing space between us. That’s what I love most about Tam. She likes to take everything as a challenge.

“I have written a love story. If you pay close attention, you could hear its whispers in the walls.” I whispered to her. “You could feel its heartbeat close to you.”

She looks around before leaning in to whisper her answer back to me. “Who are the characters?”

I smiled down at her. “It’s a story without a beginning or an ending, so that we could write it together.”

She blinks hard at me. Then she mouths, “We?”

“You know what, Tam,” I said as I moved away from her. “Life is a story book. I don’t know where this story would take me. It might take me years to figure it out. But, could you write this one with me?”

And if you can’t marry me now… “Could you be the one to complete my life?”

She snickers. “Suave and corny.”  But then her smile fades. “I don’t like the idea of being the world to someone or even the completion of it. I might just be the total destruction.”

  “Why, are you a kaiju?” I said and she tries not to smile at me. “Tam, I don’t intend you to be the Godzilla of my life. I just want you to be a part of it. To be my favorite part.”

She pouts at me and I narrowed my eyes at her. “Remember, I’m still mad at you. If you refuse this, I’ll be really, really mad at you.”

Her shoulders sagged and her eyes widened in alarm. “Why are you mad at me?”

I want to smack my face in front of her but that would be stupid. So instead, I sighed.

“Just say yes.”

“Yes to what?”

“I love you.”

She blinks hard at me. “You what?”

“Say you’ll let me be part of your life and you will remember me.”

She frowns at me. “I don’t get you. You know what confuse means right?”

“And you know how much I love you and I’ll do anything for you, right?”

She blushed and she gaped at me. “Okay. This is absurd. I don’t even know your name.”

“Then start guessing it.” I willed myself to will her. “Remember me.”

Property of BelleBurns©

Remind Me AgainOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara