6. The New Me

JORDAN

As my bestie walked out of that terminal I couldn't contain my joy.  I leaped up from the cold, hard chair I had recently vacated and moved in for a hug.  She was different but the same at the same time.  If that made any sense.  She had truly came into herself.  Tris had cut her hair since her last time here.  It was cut in a cute punkish bob long in the front with layers in the back short.  It fit her more then the long, frizzy mess she once called her hair.  She didn't need glasses anymore and it made her big brown eyes be shown.  She had always been tall residing at 5'10 or 5'11 with a small waistline and large hips.  She was the same in her chest area which made any girl below a D envy her on sight.  No more did she wear hoddies and jeans but what fit her inner self more.  At the moment she was in skinny jeans and a My Chemical Romance t-shirt and had her ears pierced.  Two more holes in each ear than before leaving her with three.  She also had gotten two tattoos. One on her right wrist that said her middle name, Faith, in cursive and a dandelion being blown on her left shoulder.  Her mother knew of the one on her wrist but no the other. 

"I missed you!"  I told her as she rolled her eyes, which was understandable.  I had just left her father's pack a week before her.  But for a best friend it felt like a lifetime ago.  I smiled at her as I moved aside letting her mother get in a hug.

"I know you're probably tired from your trip but if you want we can go shopping?"  Her mother asked and I smiled.  We might not be all girly girly but we were girls.  Turning down our mom's buying us clothes? Not a chance in hell. 

"Let's hit the stores!"  She said, like I knew she would, and then we were off.

TRIS

I hadn't told any of them how tired I really was.  But it was worth it to be normal and shopping with my bestie and mom again.  Planes were always worse for me than others because I was deathly scared of them.  I didn't like heights or anything like that but I suffered through it time and time again for the sake or seeing my family.

I quickly took a shower and then laid my clothes out for the following day.  Then I collapsed face first into the comfortable bed.  Anticipating what tomorrow would bring for a while before finally falling into a tiresome sleep.

The Almost Rejectionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें