3. Intellectual Badass

When I got home that night I was in the best mood of my life.  I couldn't wait to go to school tomorrow and finally be apart of the pack. I took a shower and laid out my clothes for the day to come. Then when the excitement left I felt worn and fell into a tiresome sleep.

The knock on my door woke me instantly. My mom always loved talking to her friends about how waking up your kid was nearly impossible because for me all she needed to do was lightly tap on my door and I was up and getting ready. She didn't have to constantly tell me or come to check that I was actually out of the bed because she knew I was.

I quickly got out of bed and put on the skinny jeans and my ever-constant hoddie. Pulling a brush through my hair then lightly applying make-up that you couldn't see through my glasses I was ready to go start breakfast. I fried some bacon and flipped pancakes expertly without hardly thinking about it. 

"This is delicious honey." My mom said with her mouth full. I just rolled my eyes at her because I knew food was always her weakness.

"Mom," I trailed off and hearing the desperation in my voice she set her fork down and looked over to me and my untouched meal.

"Yes baby?" She asked then added, "Tell me what's on your mind sweetheart."

"It's just, what if I meet my mate and he doesn't like me. There is nothing good about me." I mumbled and looked down feeling ashamed to having to say this.  She put a hand under my chin and captured my eyes with hers.

"Honey, you have nothing to worry about.  You are beautiful. You are strong, smart, independent, and kind-hearted. What is there not to like?" She stood then and I followed suit as she walked around the table to stand in front of me. Then she got a sly look on her face. "Plus you're an amazing cook and we all know that away to a man's heart is through-"

"Through his stomach. Yes, I know that was grandma's favorite thing to say to me." My mom smiled and poked me in the belly making me giggle. Then she placed her arms around me giving me a hug before I left for school.

"Hey, girly." Jordan said coming up behind me as I smiled at her.  It was the last week of our sophomore year and she had turned sixteen at the beginning. She was my best friend ever since birth and we didn't keep anything from one another.

"Hey Jor!" I said happily and we chatted till it was time to go our separate ways. That's when I smelt it. The most intoxicating smell I'd ever smelt in my whole life. It smelt of pine needles and something crisp and strong like cinnamon but not that. I looked across the hall to where the smell was coming from and saw bright blue eyes staring back at me. His eyes darkened as his wolf fought to take control but when he came back to himself his features held disgust. He looked away acting as if nothing had ever happened. My mate was much taller than me. He was 6'8 with broad shoulders and a tight shirt showing off his muscles and 8 pack. He had chin length golden hair to match that of his skin. He was also the soon to be Alpha of our pack. His name was Conner Neely. He was the most popular kid in school with good reason. He hadn't rejected me though neither did he acknowledge that I was his mate which kind of pissed me off. Well if he was going to ignore me than I was going to ignore him.

One class left and I could hardly take it anymore. Conner and I had had two of our six classes together so far and our next was together as well. I don't know how much more of this I can take. Walking to English II I was suddenly jerked into a closet.

"I won't reject you. That is a cruel fate. If you go and tell people or acknowledge that we are mates then I will reject you. And I will make it public and very bad for you. So keep your mouth shut. Got it nerd?" His sly voice said in the darkness and I felt a chill come over me especially where his hand touched my arm.

He is trying to let us down easy. Accept and then we can show him what he is missing. My wolf told me angered. Like people wolves didn't like to be rejected. I was so pissed that I didn't even think I just spoke.

"Geek? Excuse yourself but we prefer the term intellectual badass. Get out of your way? Ok you don't have to tell me twice. I might seem weak and wanty to you and I hate to burst that bubble of yours but I didn't go blabbing to people. You arrogant piece of trash." I smirked at his surprised face and then walked out before I could burst into tears. I ran out the front doors and into the woods. Making my way to my house. Where I packed and called Jordan telling her the whole story and that we would talk later. I told my mom that I felt that my mate was in a different pack and that I needed to be with my father. She was upset but accepted it.  I was on a plane by the next morning on my way to my father's pack. Where he was Alpha and I would be a respected Alpha's daughter.