4. My Mistake

CONNER

As I watched her fled the school, and me, I felt a hole form in the thing that pumps my blood throughout my body.  I couldn't really call it a heart because truthfully it wasn't one when I spoke to my mate that way.

I was a jerk and I didn't know how I would fix the latest mistake in my life.  I had thought that Tris wasn't right for me or my future pack because she was geeky and weak but what she just did to me proved my arrogant ass wrong.  My wolf was pissed but also grateful that I'd finally came to my senses.  I knew I should chase after her, but didn't girls like to be alone?  At least I heard that when a she-wolf runs you should give her, her space.  So I did just that.  I tried not to think of her all day but that wasn't possible she was in my every thought.

When I got home that afternoon I smelt her.  I ran into the house hoping.  But it was just her mother.

"I just," she sniffled, "Need a friend right now.  Lucy, you and I are very close and I just don't know how to go on.  The day my daughter changes she claims she must leave and is gone."  Tris's mother, Yuri, said to my mother.  Of course I heard no more of their conversation because Tris was an only child.  Which means that she was who her mother spoke of.  Tris is gone and I didn't know when she was coming home.  If ever.  My mate gone just like that because of my stupid mistake. 

I went up to my room and cried for the first time in many years not knowing how I was going to live through the anguish of it all