Chapter 3

Katie

There had been talk of a new camper.

New campers had become less rare by each week, so Katie thought nothing of it.

She was currently focused on getting an arrow to it's target. She drew the bow string back and positioned the arrow to where she wanted it.

Katie was about to release, but was interrupted by Axl, one of the archery instructors.

"Nice form, Katie."

Katie sighed and released her stance. She gave Axl a smile. "Thanks."

Axl was a super attractive son of Apollo. A lot of daughters of Athena were into him for some reason. They must have been able to see past his ego.

He was so full of himself that most people called him Narcissus behind his back.

But he was hot.

Though, it was weird, Katie wasn't exactly attracted to him. When she picture the guy that she'd end up with, she didn't see him as super good looking. She thought of him as a cute guy...nerdy maybe.

Whatever. Guys weren't exactly her main priority.

"...then I told him that I didn't care. I just wanted the bunnies saved."

Katie snapped back to reality and zoned in on what Axl was saying.

"Oh?" she threw in to sound interested.

"Yeah, isn't that thoughtful?"

Someone behind Axl caught Katie's eye. "Oh, yeah," Katie mumbled distractedly.

Travis Stoll pulling a prank on a tree nymph.

Katie grit her teeth. She was sick of that guy. Katie drew an arrow and aimed for the tree right in front of Travis.

She counted to three.

One...two...three. She let go and watched the arrow meet it's target, half a foot in front of Travis.

Travis jumped back in surprise and Katie smirked. He took a moment to process the arrow in front of him, then he traced it back to Katie.

He raised an eyebrow at her and she watched as the tree nymph got up from her stump and left.

"Sorry," Katie mouthed, sarcastically.

Travis squinted at her and made the 'I'm watching you' gesture.

Katie shrugged and mouthed, "I don't care".

Travis rolled his eyes and walked away. Katie turned back to Axl, feeling pleased with herself.

"...told them that I wasn't signing autographs, but they insisted."

Katie sighed and went on shooting arrows and listening to Axl talk for the next hour.

After the hour, she decided she had had enough and slipped away to go hide out at the volleyball court.

There were 11 people at a court and as soon as Katie showed up, they started arguing on who's team she'd be on.

Though, she never got to play because a kid from Hermes's cabin came and said that Chiron had wanted to see her.

Katie asked why, but the kid didn't know.

What if Travis told Chiron about her ability?

She was ready to send the picture of Travis as a girl to everyone she knew.

She was even more prepared when Travis was sitting in Chiron's study waiting for Katie.

"Ah, Katie. Come in."