Chapter Twenty Four

(Who said this would be short again?)

Lukas' POV

Axel charged towards The Master, sword held in a stance ready to strike, but his target was faster and he got the sharp end of a sword instead. His scream of pain made everything freeze, like it was the last straw broken in a huge haystack of problems. "Tisk Tisk boy. You shouldn't run with sharp objects." He scolds before pulling the sword from his shoulder. He missed Axel's chest by maybe an inch. And Notch, was that ever lucky.

Chapter Twenty Five- Dead or Alive?

Axel slumped to the ground, clutching his shoulder as blood seeped through the green fabric covering his arms. Olivia rushed to him, dragging him away from the attacker to a slightly safe distance. Petra took a step back, looking almost afraid to be as close as she was to The Master. It surprised me that she was afraid, but she was. In ways I guess it's understandable. "Your sickness killed Jessie. You stabbed both Jen and Axel. You expect us to just sit here and do nothing?" I ask in disbelief. This thing was out of its mind if it thought we would give up.

No one else is gonna die on my watch.

"Actually, I was hoping you wouldn't. I'd love to be able to see each and every one of you as you poof out existence forever." The way it's voice seems cheery about the subjects of our deaths makes my stomach churn at the thought. How could anyone, even a monster, be so Damn happy about killing? "Its simple dear Lukas." It starts, almost like my thoughts had been out there for everyone to see. "Its first nature to me. Why was I created? To destroy everything in my path, teach the world a lesson right? So when the energy passed from my old body to this one, well let's say that energy got all that more powerful and satisfying." It laughed at the end, like it was some joke. I felt my face reddening with anger. Petra wasn't speaking, Axel was still trying to stop the blood oozing from his arm with Olivia helping him. I guess it's up to me then.

"You're sick. Everything about this place is sick. You kill because you like it? This brings a whole new factor to the fact that you are a monster." I growl out, my voice lower and angrier than I thought it'd be. Apparently Petra was shocked by it as well, probably more used to my chilled out attitude. The Master didn't even seem phased by what I just said. I insulted it, and it didn't even budge, it started to laugh, a dry, sarcastic low laugh that made the hairs on the back of my neck rise. Maybe, I should have kept my mouth shut. It starts to advance towards me, beginning to lift its sword up over its head, getting leverage for the blow. Petra tries to interview, but is caught by a purple beam, held still on the spot as the monster moves towards me. I can't tell but I think everyone is frozen. "You all have pulled and snapped the final straw. You wanted to come here for a fight? You started one. Now? I'm gonna end it." The threat, it made me close my eyes, not wanting to see what was going to happen before it did.

Then again, when I heard a distinct sounding 'oof'. I opened my eyes and let my jaw drop. Her arms wrapped firmly around its neck, scrambling to stay away from the sword as she tackled him from behind, was none other than our fearless leader Jessie. The one and only. We all unfroze as The Master put all concentration towards Jessie, but nothing would throw her off. "Hey guys." She manages as it floats into the air, trying to throw her off. "Hope you didn't miss me too much." She smirks, showing that after all thus, she's normal. The potion worked, it just took longer than we thought it would. The Master continues to try and throw her off, and this time its Petra's turn to stare in awe at the reappearance of a 'dead' friend. I couldn't tell, but by the way she was staring it was like Jessie had the wings.

She finally snaps out of it and turns to us. "We need to do something. Jessie's got the whole distraction thing down. We just need to kill it before it reaches back far enough to hit her with the weird sword it killed Jen with." She starts, still looking a little dazed to no ones surprise. Axel looked up, still looking like he is going through hell. "What about our swords? I have a feeling they won't work on it." He coughs, making Olivia nod. "Then we get The Master's swrod, and we use it against it. We kill it with a dose of its own fire." Petra states darkly, making me nod. "Right. I say we rush from as many sides as we can and have whoever can get the sword grab it." I offer in. Olivia's eyes light up, and I can tell she's had some idea.

"You guys can handle that right? I have something I need to do." She rushes out, standing up. Axle looks up at her in worry. "Right now? I don't think we can do this without all of us." He points out, making me nod. I couldn't help but agree. "Don't worry 'bout me," she smiled, pressing a light kiss to his for head before continuing with, "just get the master towards the wall over there. You'll see, it'll all work out." Then she ran out, leaving us to do our plan. We turned our heads to the quarrel going on right now, hearing the angering jeers Jessie would shoot over at it.

"Ha! You call this powers! I've seen a pig do better!" She shouts, praising her best friend while still insulting the monster she held her diamond sword to the throat of. I smiled at the idea of Reuben having better abilities than this thing, and knew it was true. Sure it had magic-like properties, but Reuben was like another person. Our friend. There is no stronger power. Holding her sword to its neck she keeps her hold, not being thrown no matter how hard it tries. "Get off me you ignorant girl!" It shouts its order, but Jessie being the way she is doesn't listen. "You'll have to make me!" She cries back, tightening her grip on the sword before giving me a look that says clearly 'any time now'.

I nod to the others and we being to spread out, moving into the shadows to hide as. Petra moved along to the left, where the sword was being waved around frantically in attempts to slice Jessie. Axel stayed in front, moving closer and closer as I went right, knowing that if we rushed at the same time, we might actually make it through this. And not to mention whatever Olivia had gone to do.

Petra gained my attention by motioning her hand in the air, both Axel and I waiting for her signal. She got ready, standing in a stance ready to attack, then she nodded and we rushed forward, slamming into The Master on all sides. It sent the monster reeling, stumbling as it tried to regain its balance, dropping its sword by Petra's feet. She took it happily, waiting for the final step as her wings tensed up. As the master fell to the floor Jessie let go, rolling out of the way just as the roof was pushed down to trap it beneath it. Multiple sticky pistons pushed down the stone roof, Jessie one block away from it. Olivia jumped down from the hole she had created no doubt, and looked overly smug as she stood atop her masterpiece. "See? Just as planned." She boasts.

Jessie smiled, looking right up at Olivia, eyes bright with a shine that seemed to be missing for the past week. "You really do keep your word." She laughs, pushing herself off the floor. Axel walked over to Olivia, holding his shoulder as he helped her down, smiling before wrapping his large arms around her, lifting her into the aair with a laugh. I smiled at the two, thinking how they really were made for each other.

Petra stood overlooking The Master, watching with a scowl as lava-tears dripped out of the corners of the wither skull. Her hands shook because of how angry she was, and I didn't think I'd ever see her like this. I was about to walk up to get her to calm down, but Jessie beat me to it, resting a comforting hand on her shoulder. I can't hear a word they say to each other, and I'm left to stare down at the mess in front of me. This adventure really did change everything.

******

Sorry that took so long. Gonna wrap things up next chapter. Hope you've all enjoyed the story while it lasted. I'll see you all soon with another chapter and probably some news at the end of it. See you then!

-Fox

PS: ha! Bet you thought Jessie was dead!