Chapter Six

Axel's POV

This was the strangest thing I've ever seen.

"What is she?"

"Is that even a person?"

"Its a beast!"

I couldn't believe the things being said.

The only thing I could do was watch as she slowly backed up against the red glass, obviously afraid of the whispering crowd.

I shook my head, feeling a slight anger rise in my chest at the whispers.

Chapter Six- A Monster?

"Enough!" I shout, making silence hush over the crowd.

Even my friends seemed shoked with me, but I found myself not caring, just wanting everyone to calm down.

Especially the girl backed up against the red glass of the amulet replica.

I couldn't take how afraid she was.

"Look, I want everyone to stay calm so we can take care of this situation!" I shout, making the girl look angered at me words.

I never was really good at saying the right things at the right time...

But I don't get what I said to make her mad.

The crowd goes back to whispering to each other again, more quietly than before.

Satisfied, I turn back to the girl, who narrows her eyes at me, her anger unable to mask the fear left in her gaze.

"Hey buddy. I need you to calm down and come with us. We don't want to hurt you Kay?" I attempt, making her growl slightly.

"Why should I go with you?" She spits, baring her teeth, which were sharp and painful looking.

I hear more gasps and someone yells "She's a monster! A monster!"

She glares around at the crowd, her teeth gleaming from the beams of light shining over her.

"Sure I'm the monster." She growls, making it so I almost miss it.

I look back at the others for help, but the only two of them react.

Lukas starts ushering people away while Olivia steps up to stand beside me.

Jessie is currently freaking out, looking frozen as she hyperventilates as Petra shoots me an apologetic look before trying to calm her down.

"Shh... Its okay. Nothing can hurt you here." I hear her mutter.

Something wasn't right, but we needed to finish this off.

Lukas had succeeded in moving the crowd away, but I could see them watching through the windows of nearby houses.

"Everyone go home! The Order will handle this!" He shouts, while Olivia and I try and get closer without spooking the girl.

"Look, we need you to trust us and just come with us to our home so we can talk to you." Olivia soothes, slowly creeping forward.

Some of the fear has been removed from her stare as Olivia approaches her.

Then she gets a little too close for the girl's liking and she scrambles up behind the glass, still hiding from us.

"Why should I trust you? You are more concerned with others than with I." She snaps, looking ready to run.