Chapter Three

Olivia's POV

Jessie had to be hiding something from me, I just knew it.

She didn't know it but when she was trying to hide the fact that she had a secret, she acted really weird, defensive even.

And I know my best friend better than anyone.

She's upset about something, I just haven't figured out what.

"Aaaagh!" The farmer's vocie cuts through the air, making me realize that figuring out what the heck is wrong with Jessie is the least of my worries.

Chapter Three- Wither Wolves

We didn't need a command to start charging forward, my bow already resting in my hand.

Jessie had taken our her faimond sword, and as usual, it glows with the enchantments.

Dust was kicked up as we ran faster than I think we have since the wither storm.

Unluckily for us this would be something much different, and just as strange.

Jessie reached the gate first, but she froze.

"What the hell..." She breathes, making me stare out in shock.

If you've ever seen a wolf you probably hoped to hell if you accidentally hit it, the rest of its pack wasn't around to attack.

But this? This was just ridiculous.

"Are those wolves.... Withered?" I question, making Jessie nod idly.

I gulp, finding my hands shaking as the purple, sick looking, pack of wolves preys on the sheep, having no mercy with them.

"We have to help the farmer! He's cornered!" Jessie shouts, hurtling over the gate and rushing into battle.

I gape at her, watching as she expertly dodges the wolves that attempt to snap at her with their jaws.

She swings her sword at one, making it fly backwards with the enchantment when it got to close.

Of course, like regular wolves, these ones all turned from what they were doing like clockwork, all creeping towards Jessie.

"Well that's not good." I hear her mumble.

The farmer forgotten, the pack of at least thirty wolves surrounds Jessie, making my heart stop.

Do something or your best friend could die! I shout at myself, pulling back my bow.

I loose the arrow, watching it fly through the air to hit one of the large wolves, which does nothing other than bounce off its spiked, purple fur.

"Get help!" Jessie screams as the wolves start closing in, looking at her like she might be lunch.

"I'll get Petra and the others!" I shout back, feeling panic rise in my voice.

My feet carry me back down the path just as one leaps for Jessie, pushing her to the ground.

I hear a scream, but I keep rushing for the others, who are far enough away not to hear the carnage.

My breathing hitched the pen comes into view, and I see the group working in silence, looking sad and ashamed after what I said to them before.

"Guys!" I shout, gaining their unhappy attention.

"What? We're working!" Axel points out, narrowing his eyes.