Chapter Twenty One

Axel's POV

Petra supported Jessie with her wings, keeping her knocked out form from hitting the cold, hard floor. Jen was examining Jessie, her glassy purple eyes still faintly glowing like they were when Jessie first fainted. The red head keeping her steady was biting her nails, watching Jessie as if something would attack and if she let her gaze travel off of her for even a moment, she would have failed the girl. Which I guess wasn't entirely wrong. We were I nthe enemy base, with a knocked out girl, one that could barely stand due to her tail being missing, one that couldn't seem to pay attention to anything but Jessie, and one that looked compeltly helpless as she watched from my side, watching over her best friend. Lukas was keeping watch, but I knew he would sneak looks over at us in fear he would miss something circial.

Finally, Jen decided to back away, eyes permanently glued to the floor as she backed away, a grave look haunting her face. Whatever she was about to say wasn't going to be good, and I knew it.

Chapter Twenty One- Finding A Cure But at What Cost?

"So? What's happening? Why is she like this?" Petra asked, a clear tone of panic in her voice that I didn't like. The warrior wasn't one to panic, and since we had no clue what the two had said to each other while Petra blocked us out with her wings, I could tell something had been said between them to make her attitude change almost drastically. "I- Its just- The Master, like everything else that it has created, it controls the cycle of the Wither Wolves bites, and has in the past decided to end them early. Just.... I've never seen anything like this happen." Jennifer mutters, looking down at Jessie again.

Her skin was slowly purpling, almost like someone was trying to color her with dye. Deadly dye. "What do you mean you've never seen this before?" I question, clear annoyance sounding through the room. Jen flinches slightly, before continuing. "Whenever The Master wants someone over with, it will end it and they will poof away. But with Jessie? She's still alive, I'm just not sure how or why." Olivia looked satisfied with that answer, but decided on one of her own. "Will the cure still work?" She asked, speaking for what seemed like the first time in a couple hours. Jennifer nodded, like she couldn't really speak anymore.

"Then lets go get it and make this jerk pay for what he's done." Petra's voice was dark, almost horrific, making us all turn towards her. Her once perfectly white wings were now turning black, almost like her emotions controlled the color. I'm guessing black wasn't a good thing. "Alright, we'll get the cure, but Petra, you need to keep your cool." Olivia mutters, not wanting to be on the receiving end on an Angel's beatings, but needed to say it. With a slight glare we watch them slowly lose color and go back to white, having her take a deep, shakey breath. "Fine. Let's just hurry. I don't think Jessie has much time left." She mutters, lifting said girl into her arms and wrapping her wings around her like a protective shield of blanket. We started moving through the tunnels in silence, not daring to say a word as Jen led us to the cure. Hopefully The Master didn't destroy it so that we wouldn't be able to cure her, that would be a major disappointment, and would prove how evil this thing really was. Though, I don't think I really wanted more prooft.

Jennifer pushed us back against a wall in a fork in the tunnels, watching as four guards walk from the left tunnel, into the right, not seeing us because of their amazingly stupid helmets. I had a feeling Jessie would have agreed with me if she wasn't currently knocked out. After a moment of Jen looking around the corner, she motions for us to start following down the left tunnel, finding that torches were farther and farther apart, leaving most of the hallway in darkness. Water dripped down from the ceiling, driving me to the brink of insanity as they tapped continuously on the top of my head. I let out a low grumble, trying to stay as queit as possible.