Chapter 9: Shyness

"I told you I just need some practice!" Alfred said with a grin, while stretching his back.

"Oh, don't be so full of yourself just because you won three times." Arthur replied with sarcasm. Alfred started giggling and put his joystick down. "What time is it anyway?" The british boy added looking at his watch. "Oh crap...I should go back to school!" Alfred looked at him with a disappointed look.

"You're such a mood breaker."  Arthur rolled his eyes and started getting ready, but the american boy was laying on the floor now, with his hands under his head, looking at the white ceiling. "Hey...can I...um" He added after a couple of minutes, mumbling and frowned. "Can I walk you to school?" He finally asked. Arthur looked at him with wide eyes.

"Sure...I wanted to take a walk anyway. But, don't you need to go home?"

"Nah...the asshole is home so I'm trying to be as late as possible." He said with apathy. Arthur's eyes saddened.

"Ok then..."

"Great! C'mon I want to show you something on our way!" And his enthusiasm was back, along with his big and charming smile.

USUK

They were walking on an alley, Alfred in front with his hands in his pockets, while whistling a song, and Arthur was behind him, staring at him.

"What song is that?" He asked the american, who turned to face his friend while still walking.

"Born in the USA, of course!" He replied with a proud tone. Arthur rolled his eyes.

"Where are we going anyway? I have to be at school in a half an hour." The british boy added peevishly. 

"Chillax, dude!" And with that he started mumbling the words of his song :"Born down in a dead man's town...The first kick I took was when I hit the ground....You end up like a dog that's been beat too much...Till you spend half your life just covering up..." The tone of his voice was getting louder and louder. He wasn't mumbling anymore, he was singing. Arthur was looking at him hiding his smile in his scarf. "Born in the USA! I was born in the USA! I was born in the USA! Born in the USA." And he stopped, he stopped singing and he stopped walking. He was now standing in front of a 2 metres stone wall. "We're here!" He added with enthusiasm. Arthur was looking at the stone fence confused.

"It's a wall." He said with boredome. Alfred's smile became wider.

"I know. C'mon!" And with that being said, the american boy started to escalate the wall. It didn't took him too long to be up.

"What the bloody hell do you think you're doing?" Arthur asked desperated, but he tried to keep his voice down.

"Shh....stop staring and come!" Alfred said almost laughing. 

"Are you out of your fucking mind?! That's private property! if someone catches us we'll be in big trouble!" 

"No one will catch us....if you keep your voice down and climb up already!" Alfred said authoritatively. "Give me your hand!" He demanded. Arthur sighed and reached for the american's boy hand.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." He whispered. With the help from Alfred, he managed to climb up on the top of the wall, from where he could see a large pine forest. Alfred jumped down, and landed on his feet. All those late nights of football training were certainly in his advantage. Arthur, on the other hand was frozen. 

"What're you doing? Jump already!" Alfred said, looking at him comfused.

"I can't....I'm scared of heights, you twat!"

"What? And you tell me now?" The american was now pissed. "What do you wanna do now? Are you planning to spend the rest of your life up there, because you're too afraid to take a fucking jump!!!"