9: The Rolex

Sorry for the delay, I had wifi problems. Plus, my hotspot was not working the way I wanted it to.

I did not say word, but nodded. Killian was then on his knees, sobbing like a child.'"I-I'm sorry...I never should have gotten myself in prison, I never should killed in the first place, I never should done any of those thing. I missed ten bloody years of his life, and I didn't even know you were pre-"

"Mom, who is this guy?" K.J asked, looking at his father as if he were a crybaby, "When's he leaving? Who is he?" I looked between Killian, and K.J, and contemplating quite hard. Should he know the truth so soon? "K.J...remember you asked me this morning who your father was and what he did to go to jail?" I asked him. "Yeah, but what does that have to do with this. I don't know who he- oh..."

He walked over to Killian, who was still bawling his eyes out, "Are you my dad?" Killian didn't answer for the most part, but he looked up at K.J, and smiled with his tears now gone, "You have my eyes, that'd make anyone fall for you. Ever heard of flirting?" Yup...definitely back to normal.

K.J looked at me, seeing as I was about to die of laughter. He assumed it was normal of the man to do that since I was about to laugh, so he took it as something normal to him. "Is he always like that? I thought my dad would be some kind of epic dude with guns and stuff. But, he does look like the guy in the picture so I'll agree he's my dad."

It didn't take Killian to long to realize that was an insult from his own son, and he stood up with a dominant look on his face, "Now, I'll have you know lad I can be as epic as you claim you want me to be. I was a better detective that your dear mother here, but I was a lazy carnivorous bastard back then so look where that got me." He didn't even realize what he'd said until it left his mouth, and he stared wide eyed in shock, asking himself why on earth he told his own son that.

"I get it," he said, "you liked it, right? It was like chocolate. After the first bite it's hard to not finish the whole bar, but I'm guessing instead of bar you mean body." He said it, so calmly. How'd he do that? K.J wasn't much of a calm kid when it was on a topic this personal. Killian didn't say a thing, simply staying quiet before asking me, "Where's my room?"

"It's down that hall last one to the left. Um, we're sharing. Just like old times, you don't mind that do you?" I asked. He shrugged, "No, no, it's fantastic love but...would it be alright if I am to be alone? I-I just have to think over a few things, that's all." He didn't show a slight sign of emotion, walking down the hall to my room and hearing a gentle slam of the door, then the click of it locked.

Four hours, and he hasn't left my room. Was it something I said? Was it something K.J said? I don't know what was wrong, I wanted to know. K.J's been a bit down when his father locked himself in my room, probably because he believed it was all his fault. "I never should've opened my stupid mouth..." he cried, eating away at the bag of potato chips in his hand watching a static screen on the tv.

"Oh no, no, no K.J it wasn't your fault!" I assured him, sitting down beside him on the couch, "He's just, a bit shaken up that's all. He was away in prison your whole life until now, hell he didn't even know I was pregnant with you. He's just not used to having children around, and he's probably thinking of all the moment he misses. Your first steps, your first words, just all that stuff I'm sure."

"Ma, what was my first word?" He asked, wiping his tears as he asked me sorrowfully, "You kept telling me it was mommy, but I know you're lying."

"You were young, I brought some of your dad's old stuff from our condo so I could have something to remember. You found a box, it was your father's tiny watch collection. Two of those watches he bought himself, the other is one I gave him as a gift on his 28th birthday and I was almost twenty at the time. I don't remember, but I got him a black and God Rolex watch, it was a Daytona watch I think- very expensive, about 20,000 dollars. You got ahold of the box and took that watch." I laughed to myself, covering my mouth and cheeks from blushing as I looked back at the memory, "You kept walking around in your little feet chanting dada over and over with that watch in your hand."