7: Back

It's been years. I don't remember exactly, probably a decade. I was twenty one last time I checked, when he wasn't in prison. Now, I'm at that ugly age of thirty one, absolutely nothing to do. I'm thirty one for crying out loud, and I'm basically single with him in jail. After word got out of my boyfriend being the most wanted man in the state, maybe even country I was shunned by the people I thought were my friends.

I was fired, and keeping our condo was almost to nearly impossible. I was told the condo was now under Killian's name, since I could no longer afford to stay there. So when he gets out, the place will belong to him and only him. Now I work at some cheap but nice diner as a waitress. Granny's Bed and Breakfast, cozy place and some bright customers. With the little money I had left, I bought a small little house not far from the diner. It was just a single floor, every room not having to go up or down some stairs. There was a basement, but the door was locked. When I finally got that thing open, the basement was blocked off by bricks. I didn't bother with it, I mean I didn't have much so the basement was pointless.

I might not have much hope or love for myself, but I knew well enough I had the body some men desired. Roughly two to four times a month, I'd go out and have night with some random wealthy guys for a few hundred. Every man was pretty young, surprisingly. They were either my age with a rich family, or new employees from famous company with a shit load of cash. Maybe once or twice so far, one of the men asked for a legitimate relationship. I kept saying no, but they would never leave me alone until I tell them why. I needed the money, they didn't believe me. I had a boyfriend, they didn't believe me either since I was working as a prostitute.

Eventually I told them a true reason why I couldn't date them, and believed me. They didn't want me after that, I guess they really diner want a relationship with me. Well, I guess I understand. I mean, who'd want to date a woman with a child?

I named the baby K.J, sort of in honour of his father. He doesn't know that, he thinks his name is just a name. I found out I was pregnant roughly three weeks after he was arrested and was sent off somewhere. Killian Junior, can't be that bad of name can it? Now that he was turning eleven in a few months, he was starting to get curious about his father. He knew he was going to be in jail for a long time, but he wanted to know why.

"Mom, when's daddy coming home?" He asked, finishing his bowl of cereal. He has matured, very fast actually. He was acing his classes, and I couldn't be any more proud. However, he has a different way of seeing things. He's never met his dad, so he believes when he meets him they could be happy. He knows his dad would've missed out on a lot, so he will try to be as childish as possible for his father so he could experience what he'd missed when he comes home. I just, wish I could tell him... Not for what he did to go to jail, but how long he was sentenced for.

"Honey he's done some very bad things to go to prison, he will get out eventually, but by the time he does it won't be worth much." I said, hugging my little boy. He sighed, ruffling his fluffy black hair, "Do you have a picture of him at least? People change in prison, so I wanna know what he looked like before that." A picture? K.J never asked for a picture, I even asked him if he wanted to see a picture of him and I together a few years back. He wanted it to be surprise, I guess not anymore.

"Uh, sure." I replied, pulling out my phone. I went online and tried to find my old Facebook account that I don't use anymore, scrolling through hundreds of drunk pictures at home, until I succeeded. It was a picture of Killian and one of his drinking buddies, William Smee, sitting on the couch of our condo, taking a swing of beer as they were watching Rush Hour 3. I took the picture of course, and as I looked upon it I started to cry.

"Mom? Mom! You okay?" K.J shook me back to normal, and he glanced at my phone. "Is that a pic of dad?" I nodded, and he immediately took my phone from me. He saw the two guys on the phone, "Which one's dad?"