4. The Abandoned Bank

Start from the beginning

"The spells were just so captivating and I can totally see me using them in the near future." I smiled, adjusting the strap on my bag. "But I'll catch you later!" I sent her a wave before I hurriedly walked up to Stiles and Scott.

"So we meet at Derek's at 5:00 to go over the plan, and then we don't get started until dark." I overheard Scott as I approached them.

"Hey guys. How was the whole hypnotizing shebang yesterday? And also, who's Erica?" I questioned after greeting them. Both of them turned to me.

"Carson! Where the hell did you go last night? Isaac stuck his freakin' claws into your arms and then you just fell onto the floor. About 2 minutes later, you were gone. Like you disappeared into thin air." Stiles groaned as I pushed a loose strand that didn't reach my bun behind my ears.

Last night, I'm not exactly sure how they missed out on a whole human being slipping out of a small room. Everyone was practically freaking out over how Isaac revealed that he had fallen upon some girl named Erica's dead body.

I have no idea who Erica is and the fact that I still didn't know everyone's name in that room proved that I didn't need to be there. Matter of fact, I don't need to be in Beacon Hills at all.

This is all I have pieced up so far: Some werewolves had captured someone out of the man's pack. I'm not really sure of the man's name so far, but he looks like a Steve, so yeah the alpha's name is Steve right now.

So, why would they kill 'Erica' but have another werewolf in there along with the kid by the name of Boyd? How did Erica even wind up dead? Did their captors decided to just pit them against each other and who ever wins gets to live, and whoever loses.. dies? That's scarily unnecessary.

I shrugged nonchalantly, not trying to make a big deal out of it. "I made it home. My uncle's hands were obviously full with Steve and Isaac, so I just went to my Aunt Marin for help." I answered fluently. It wasn't quite the whole truth, but it was partially true. And partial is good enough. "And about this Erica girl!"

" Wait- who is Steve? " Scott rose an eyebrow, glancing at me oddly.

I snickered, "It's a name I made up for that man who was in there last night. I never got to learn his name. Soo it's Steve!"

"Erica was one of 'Steve's' betas. And by the way, his actual name is Derek. Derek Hale." Stiles answered, knocking out two birds with one stone.

"Oh." I dragged out as my eyes then fell on Allison who was with Lydia. Allison. I need to talk to her. I have her number from when I sent it to myself from Stiles' phone last night. So hopefully I'll find the time to ask her what I wanted.

Stiles, Scott and I then made our way through the doors of the Beacon Hills to begin yet another stalling day at school.

After I got home, I immediately got dressed in a bit warmer clothes, knowing that I was about to go somewhere tonight. My head then snapped up as I noticed Aunt Marin by my door.

"Carson, I'll be out for the night. And by the looks of it, it seems like you're going out too. I'm not trying to pry.. but, would you mind telling me where?" She questioned as I picked up my coat.

"Out with Scott and Stiles. I think they said something about a loft, I'm not sure. I wasn't really paying attention." I answered as my Aunt nodded.

"Oh, well. Have a good time." She smiled as I nodded, wishing her the same. I waited until I heard her footsteps fade away until I picked up a pair of bolt cutters. I looked out of my window to see the headlights of her car flick on and I watched as she reversed out of the yard.