[Turning You] On! Chapter 34

Start from the beginning

“If you are a match, you are going to go through with this?”

“I think so,” I sighed. I was so worried. Most likely Terry would be a match for his mom and then he would end up having the surgery. I got Terry’s full reasoning behind why he was doing it but I still did not want him to go through with this.

“You don’t support my decision do you?” He asked. I stared at him for a moment trying to gather the right words to respond with.

“Terry…. I…..It’s not that I don’t support you. I’m just really worried. No matter what being put under anesthesia is going to be a risk and I just don’t know why you are risking it for her.”

“She’s my mom Brielle.” He retorted leaving me stunned. It was now the second time he had called her Mom. I looked away from him staring out of the window not bothering to say another word.

“Terry Mansworth” The nurse called out. I rose from the chair with Terry’s hand intertwined in mine.

“Maybe you should wait out here Brielle.” He said.

“What?” I asked.

“Maybe I should go in alone.”

“Do you not want me in there?” I asked him.

“That’s not it. I just… can you just please stay out here.” I released my hand from his and sat back down.

“I’ll be back okay?”

“Yea,” I said going back to look out the window. He walked away from me in the direction of nurse as I just continued to stare. Why didn’t he want me in the room with him? Why had he even ask me to come if he was going to make me wait in the lobby? Was he mad at me for not wanting him do the transplant?

I sighed as I could feel the tears stinging the back of my eyes. It hurt that he didn’t want me in there. It made me feel unwanted and I just felt depleted. I closed my eyes and inhaled a deep breath. Maybe I was worrying over nothing. Maybe it wasn’t a big deal that I wasn’t it the room. Leave it to Terry to always make me second guess myself.

Terry emerged through the double doors about 45 minutes later. He smiled as he approached me and I forced myself to smile back.

“How’d it go?” I asked him.

“Okay, I guess. They just asked me a bunch of questions and told me about the process and she drew my blood.”

“So when will you know if you can be her donor” I asked as we started heading to the exit.

“They said that they would give me a call in about 3-5 days.”

“Oh,” I ended.

“You ready?” He asked.

“Yea,” He began walking and I followed. It was silence between us and it wasn’t comfortable at all at least for me it wasn’t. I still wanted to know why he didn’t want me in the room with him.