Chapter 1

It was a dark and windy night, I was sitting at home minding my own business when all of a sudden I hear my mom yell, "Amy! Get down here this instant!" I sighed and got off my bed slowly. I was so tired from a long day at school with my "younger" friends. Have I mentioned that I'm 219 years old? Oh yeah, you see I'm a vampire, and vampires stop aging at the age of 20. Back to getting to where my mom was. I slowly walked down stairs to get to where my mom was. Once I got in the living room I saw my mom and dad standing in the middle of the room waiting for me. "Yes ma'am?" I said.

Or should I say whispered.

"What in the world happened at school today Am-". My mom was interrupted by my dad saying, "Why in the vampires world would you go up to a girl in the middle of school and suck her blood? We got lots of complaints from your principle that we might have to move again!" I was shocked at the last thing my father said, because, yes I shouldn't have bitten her, but that's not the point. I really liked this town and I finally made some friends here and I didn't want to move away from them, especially Lilly. She is like a sister to me, I would never want to loose her.

"Dad, why can't we just erase everyone's memory?" I said. "You will answer my first question young lady!" I sighed in defeat and said, "I was craving blood really bad, because I lost my blood bag." There was a three second pause and I said, "I'm sorry." My mom started to walk toward the kitchen and opened the fridge. I looked around my dad who was blocking my view of my mother and saw her pull out a blood bag, and hang her arm out teasing me. She said, "Don't loose this one, you hear me Amy?" I started to drool and nodded my head quickly. She tossed the blood bag to me and I quickly took a sip out of it and sighed of satisfaction once I was done with that sip.

"We still can't ignore what you did. Me and your father have been thinking and, we need to move." I looked up at my mom and dad and gave them a surprised look and said, or more like yelled. "What? What about my friends what about Lilly?" My mom and dad knew about my best friend, they knew that I was best friends with a werewolf. And surprisingly, they accepted it.

My mom and dad looked at each other, and my dad said, "We will have to erase her memory of us." The fact that they said to erase my best friends memory made me furious. "I can't do that to my best friend. I just can't okay? I won't do it! Not a chance, nope! And neither are you!" My father looked down at me with sad eyes. I was wondering why he was looking at me like that until he wiped away something wet on my cheek, and that's when I realized that I was crying. My father pulled me in for a hug and as I cried my eyes out, he ran his fingers through my long white hair and whispered into my ear. "It's the only way Amy, we are really sorry but it needs to happen." My mother came into the hug that me and my father shared, and I started to cry even more while I nodded my head in approval. I knew this was the only way, the only way we could actually live on with our lives, as vampires who were supposed to hate werewolves.

The next day I told Lilly to meet me at the park at ten in the morning, she sounded confused but she agreed. After I was done telling her I walked downstairs and saw lots of suitcases and sighed. I walked out the door and headed to the park. Once I got there it took a couple of minuets to get there but she was here, and I was prepared. I had to do this, I had to. She walked up to me and sat on the seat I saved her in the park bench. She looked at me with a confused expression on her face. "Amy? What's going on why are we here? Oh I know, we're here to scope out the place for a mate for you huh?" She said while poking my stomach with her elbow. I started to give up on finding my mate. Living for 219 years gives you the idea that your mate is either not born yet or has already died. But that's not why we're here Amy! Get your head in the right place.

I sighed and said "Man, I wish. But, no" Lilly looked at me and it seemed like she could read my mind cause after a four second pause between us she said, "Just go ahead, but you have to understand that I will never forget you, you will always be in my heart. Forever and always, okay? Now don't hesitate and don't cry 'cause you might make me want to cry, okay?" I still never understood how werewolves could do that, but what she said made me start to tear up. But Lilly interrupted me trying to let it out by giving me a bone crushing hug. I was shocked but I quickly hugged her back and I could hear her start to cry and I said. "Hey, what happened to no crying huh?" She looked up at me and said. "Look who's talking!" And we both wiped our eyes, and Lilly sat back up in a position that told me that she was ready. I took a deep breath and put my hand on her head and before I finished erasing all her memory of me and my parents. I said to her quietly. "Never forget that I love you with all my heart." She looked up at me and I could see tears forming in her eyes as she gave me a sweet smile. And just like that she closed her eyes, and that's when I knew that I was done.

She fell into my lap asleep. As she did I started to cry over her like a baby. I think that today I cried more than those other 218 years. I could smell and hear my mom and dad come toward me and my father said while hovering over me. "Good job. You did good." I couldn't stop crying as I got off Lilly and ran to my mom and gave her a hug, as my father picked up
Lilly and we walked her to her house. I'll mis her so, much I can't describe it. I'll always remember her, and always remember what she said. Lilly's words replayed in my head. "You have to understand that I will never forget you. You will always be in my heart. Forever and always, okay?" As we walked away from Lilly's house I repeated her words to myself as I smiled.

"Forever and always."