The Barrier Between Us

A/N: Yeah, Remember when Robin had to cross the town line and live with, "Marian," for like two months? Hahaha... Yeah, that bullshit. This takes places in that.

This is what SHOULD have happened, before A&E fucked everything up.

(Starts in the 4x18 scene where Rumble and Robin are talking after he, (Rumple), gets out of the hospital.)

Bless your spam! FangirlLena 🙌🏻

Since I've reach 13k views, (I'M STILL FREAKING OUT! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH.) I want to do something special but I don't know what, So.... PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT! It can be anything from One-Shot requests or a Q&A, TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT!

=¥=

"I thought you never wanted to see me again." Mr. Gold says, staggering out of the hospital. "Well, after all the trouble I went through, I wanted to make sure you were well." Robin says, gripping a tan box of Neal's belongings.

"Well, I am. Thank you."

"And, I wanted to give you something. It's from the apartment, your son Baelfire's things. There wasn't much left. I thought you might want to have it." Robin says, holding out the box.

Mr Gold stares at the box for a few seconds, he purses his lips, and sighs, "No. No, thank you."

Robin's eyebrows furrow in disbelief, "No? Why not?" He asks, as the metal contraption they called a car, or that's what Regina called it, honked as it drove by.

Mr Gold sighs once more and explains, "Because these are the remnants of Neal Cassidy, a boy who was in this land alone. And all because his father was too much of a coward to hold on to what he had. I don't want a reminder of my failure, a reminder that all I really wanted was happiness. And when I had it... Couldn't recognize it."

Robin nods, "I know what you mean. With Marian... I wished her to come back every day. And then when she did..."

"You were in love with another woman." Gold finishes.

Robin shakes his head slightly, his brow furrowing again, "It's more than just that. She's... She's like a stranger to me now. " He murmurs.

"Why did you marry her in the first place?" The older man asks, his brown and gray hair blowing in the slight breeze.

"'Cause I loved her." Robin replays, as if it was the simplest answer in the world.