E X T R A: 4

Fariel counted the months, the days, the hours, and the minutes since Mirac had told him to wait. He was waiting, biding his time with other things like keeping Karos away from Ake so he could do his duties properly. Although he was reluctant to teach Karos, the dragon king gave him no other option but to teach him their language. When it was not things with Karos, it was Ake. He would soon be starting his regency with the guidance of his father now that he found someone to share the burden of a kingdom with. Ake had no time to play at love with Karos all morning and evening. Still, whenever Fariel turned his head, for just a moment, he was back in Karos' arms.

They would sneak off to someplace or another and spend days and nights away from the palace. When they returned, Karos was littered with bites. Ake had a few but not nearly as much as he had given to Karos. The king would throw a fit, but he settled down after awhile. The king knew of the feeling that Ake was feeling. He had felt that way with his queen.

A sigh escaped him followed by a smile tugging at his lips. They were in love. He very well knew the feeling of wanting to be with the one who is like your entire world. There was a small aching in your heart when away, but as soon as you were in their arms it was as if it never existed. It was like sadness or pain or hate had ever existed. All you felt was love and happiness. Fariel blinked a couple times as his eyes swarmed with water. 

He would wait. He would wait hundreds of years if he had to. It had only been nine months. To him, it felt like a thousand years. Each minute seemed longer than the last and he had no true way of passing his time without thinking about him. 

Fariel gave a nod to some dragons as he left out the entrance. The sun was beginning to come down from the sky and he wanted to climb up a hill to see it. He felt closer to Oraanu that way. When the sun set and stars shined through the darkening sky.

 Sometimes, he would speak to him. He would yell. He would cry, and curse him for making him become the way he was. But most times, he would talk to him about his day and how Karos had finally opened himself up enough to be loved by another. He told him of how he had met Karos and the strange love he still had for a mother who sold him. Other times, he would talk about himself. About his banishment and his failed love with Cian. He would talk about all matters of the heart with him. Most importantly, he would speak of his love for him, and how much he missed him and wished he would come back to him. 

Fariel started his climb up the same hill he had spoken to Mirac on many months ago. It was the same one he would always go to every sunset since that moment. Fariel had this strange notion in his mind that the first star he would see would be Oraanu. He never wanted to miss that moment. Fariel knew it was ridiculous and childish of him. 

As he sat down, the grass itched around his upper thighs due to how lightly dressed he was. Spring was here and the air was warmer. He had no need for thick clothing. All he wore was a thin Isalian robe meant for people serving at high stations. He messed around with it for a bit hoping to distract his mind with something else other than Oraanu. However, the sun was setting and his time with him was just about to begin. 

The rays of light disappeared behind the moon illuminating the night with its haunting glow of day. Fariel had cursed himself for being so dumb. He did not see which star came out first. He was not paying attention. His rolled back and he kicked at a nearby rock before standing up. Everything was seeming to become pointless. He was restless and tired, and wanting love and warmth from a body that loved the whole of him. Even as he was thinking now, tears welled in his eyes becoming frustrated and saddened with his situation. 

For how much longer would he have to wait and endure the kind of pain that was tearing away at his heart? 

He wiped at his eyes, promising himself he would not cry again. No, he would be strong. He had to be.