Chapter 39

Megan's POV

Sitting down at the table with Sloan and her mother, I tried to hide my feelings as best I could, but I knew Sloan could tell that something was up with me. I ignored it best I could, but eventually I would have to talk to her. She's my best friend after all. Plus, it's not like Skye and I have completely finished our conversation, due to getting distracted. Though I'm sure we will soon enough.

"So, how was everyone's day?" Erica asked, striking up a conversation. Sloan and I just shrugged. "How's your dad Megan?" She asked out of the blue. I hadn't spoken to him, or about him since he told me he cheated in my mother.

"He's fine." I said. I supposed it wasn't a complete lie. He still texts me every morning and night. Which I suppose means he's trying and that I should cut him some slack. Still, I was just not able to cope with how badly my parents marriage had ended. "Excuse me." I said, standing from the table, and heading towards the backyard. Sitting down on the porch steps. I wrapped my arms around my legs, and rested my chin on my knee.

It was just a big grand conundrum how much my life had changed in the past few months. My parents are spilt up. My mom in jail. My dad gone. I'm dating my best friends sister. There's some psycho stalking me.

To be honest, I don't know what I am. I mean sexuality wise. I don't know what dating Skye means. I do know, I feel completely at ease with her. She's better than every other person that I have ever been with. I've never completely understood myself in this way, I've never really thought of myself as anything other than straight. I understand that sexuality is a spectrum, but I never thought of bisexuality myself. 

Whatever I am, I know I couldn't be happier with anyone else. Skye makes me feel like I'm complete. Like I didn't need to worry about anything else. 

"Megan." Skye's voice rang silently throughout the back yard. It was a wonder that she always seemed to show up right as I was losing my mind. Or rather finding it. "What are you doing out here?" 

"Thinking." I said, picking at my nails. 

"About?" She asked, settling herself beside me. Instead of answering, I just leaned over and snuggled myself into her side. Once again allowing her scent to ravage my thoughts. I never questioned anything while I was with her. It was simple. There was nothing complicated about us. I loved her, and she loved me. 

"I love you." I said. Snapping myself even out of the comfortable silence. 

"I love you, too." She said sweetly. 

"No," I countered. I wanted her to understand. "Not just that, I'm in love with you." I said, causing her head to slant towards me as her stormy eyes met mine. "I'm in love with everything that you do. With everything that you are. I don't just love you, I'm in love with you." 

She smiled, before wrapping her arms around me and bringing her lips to mine. Kissing me passionately. She kissed me like that for a few seconds before pulling away and leaning her forehead on mine. "I need you." She said huskily. Her eyes roaming over my face. 

"Skye....." I called. Before I kissed her again. Moving my lips down her jaw and to her neck. 

Before we could go any further, Sloan popped her head out of the door. Plopping herself down between Skye and I. I couldn't help but smile at Skye's dejected face. Sloan looked between the both of us, then settled her eyes on me, and smiled. We were busted. Not that we were really hiding anymore. 

"So, is this Brian kid handled, or is Skye going to kick his ass again?" Skye winced a bit, holding her knuckles close to her chest. I know she doesn't really like hurting people, so it must really be bothering her. 

"I think he got the message. Or he will soon." I said, referring to the phone we planted on his bag. 

"Good. Otherwise I'd have to get involved." Sloan said laughing. We all sat there for a few minutes before Skye sighed quietly, and stood. Walking back into the house. Sloan was watching my every movement, so I shifted. "Is everything ok between you two?"

Not since you walked in on us.

I just shook my head. Looking down at the ground. Now that I think about it, I decided it would be a good time as any to start telling people about Skye and I. People other than Sloan. "I want to start telling people about Skye and I." I confided in Sloan. 

"Well," she said, looking at me. "Are you ready?" 

"I think I am. I want to be." I said. "I should be. It's not fair for me to be asking Skye to keep her feelings that she has for me a secret. We love each other." I sighed, looking down at my feet. "Why should that be something to be ashamed of?" 

"Oh boy." Sloan said, turning herself towards me. I prepared myself for her to say something like, why'd you fall for her then? Or, you should've known better. 

She wouldn't say that. She's your best friend.

"Megan, look, at first, I was like, weirded out that my best friend was into my sister. And vice verse.  But now?" She said, gesturing to herself. "I'd say you two make each other happy. The happiest both of you have been in a really long time. If anyone were to look in on it, they would see a happy couple. Loving their lives the best way they know how. Together. And if anyone has anything bad to say about it, then they can kiss this white tucus." Sloan gestured to her ass. 

Laughing wildly, I brought my best friend in for a tight hug. 

"Personally," she continued. "If this is what both of you want, fuck everyone else. Be out, and be proud."

Smiling, I hugged her once again. 

We continued to talk for hours. About things that were happening in both of our lives. Apparently, she has some eye candy aside from chase. That she doesn't think is going to go anywhere. She's never ever really this torn about something. So, I suppose this really must be bothering her. I don't know who this other guy is, but he must be worth something. 

I just hope she's happy. She is my best friend after all.