Chapter Eleven

Megan's POV

"Megan, are you sure you're ok?" Sloan asked for the millionth time. After my little freak out, and me storming out, I came back to a sobbing messy Sloan.

I admit, not my best moment. I was upset. But, the way Skye sounded, so distraught, it was as if all my problems were gone. And all I wanted in that moment, was to hold her. I don't understand why I feel this way, but I do. I just can't explain it. I feel like this is a chance for us to open up to each other. "I'm not sure, but I'm better than I was before."

"You scared me, don't ever do that again!" Sloan slapped my arm.

The rest of the night, Sloan and I just talked. About my parents. The Evan thing. What Skye had told me earlier. Sloan didn't seem to be fazed by it. But she did warn me to keep whatever conversation Skye and I had in her room, to keep it between her and I. Skye really valued her privacy.

I was just happy I would finally get a look into Skye's life.

*********

"Hey." Skye said softly, opening her door, stepping aside so I could come in.

"Hey."

"Um, sit down." She said.

I sat down on the edge of her bed, secretly basking in her smell. I watched as she paced slowly in front of me. Whatever it is she was going to tell me, it must really be something she's struggling with. We were just kinda, silent. Me just watching her, and her, well, she was deep in thought.

"Skye?"

"Just give me a second." Pulling her desk chair over, she sat in front of me. Resting her elbows on her knees, her stormy grey eyes found mine. They were swirling with emotions. "I'm not....I'm not good with words. Or feelings. I'm not good with people in general."

"I don't understand Skye-...."

"Just let me finish.....otherwise I'll just loose my nerve." Running her hand over her face, she leaned back in her chair, still looking at me. "I'm a very fucked up person." She continued. I had many questions, but I held my tongue. "I have so many issues. And I'd like to think it would be different had I just faced my problems in the past. If I had just talked to someone. But I didn't. And it made me who I am today. I was in an extremely dark place because of it."

Running her hands over her fave once more, she stood and resumed pacing. Rubbing her hands against each other as she prepared herself to continue. "I guess I just wanted to tell you, I know what it can do to you to run away from your problems. It'll kill you. It almost did to me." She whispered. My eyes squinted a bit as I thought about what she said. For once, I was stumped. I thought I knew what she meant, but I don't want to make any assumptions.

"What do you mean?" I asked softly. I watched her closely as she hesitated a moment.

"I tried to kill myself." She muttered, looking down at the floor. I didn't need to see her face to know she was on the verge of tears. I know I wanted Skye to let me in, it I didn't expect it to be like this. I didn't expect her to tell me something like this. All could think, was, why? Did something drive her to this? Is this why she was the way she was today? Why she's so distant?

"Skye." I said, slowly standing and walking over to her.

"Megan, don't let yourself get consumed. 'Cause, once it happens, no matter how much you think you've moved on.....you'll never be the same."

I grabbed her hands, willing her to look at me. Instead she just stared at pur conjoined hands. She smiled a bit before pulling me into a tight hug.