Chapter 34

It's been about a day since Skye was released from the hospital. Living in the same house as her has proven to make it extremely hard to avoid her. I had to distance myself until I was ready to break up with her. 

Even just thinking it made me wanna curl up into a ball and cry all day. I hated the thought of losing her.  But I still wasn't suee what this guy was capable of. I'd rather her be safe and hate me, than for her to be with me and in danger.

Figuring that right before school would be as good a time as any, Skye isn't allowed out of bed for a few days. I walked into her room. She was reading a book and squinting her eyes. I found this cute, but also detrimental. I won't be able to tell her things like that after this.

"Hey," she said, looking up from her book.

"Hi." My voice was short and curt. Skye could tell there was something bothering me, but knowing her, she wouldn't say anything until I was ready. "I can't....." I started, my eyes watered at the thought of what I was about to do. This was tearing me apart. But I wouldn't let myself break until it was over. "I can't see you anymore."

She just looked at me. Watching my features. As if she thought this was some sort of joke. Sadly, it wasn't. It's the painful, obvious truth. There was some guy out there stalking me, and there was no way I could protect Skye. Especially since I still didn't know exactly what he was capable of doing. I didn't want to risk her life again. I love her. Which is why I'm letting her go.

"Megan...." She called, slowly getting up. I backed away toward the door. Showing her I was serious about this. "What......what happened?" Her voice sounded sad. A lot sadder than I had ever heard before. Her eyes were still searching mine.

"I just can't keep lying to my best friend." I said. Sloan and I had practiced that. She knew I would most likely word vomit, and cause both of us more unnecessary pain. She helped me through the last day or so. Which was spent mostly of me sobbing into her arms.

"Megan, please don't do this." She pleaded. Striding over to me in one swift movement. Putting her hands on either side of me. Her face mere inches from mine. She brought her lips to mine, and I wanted to crumble beneath them. "Please don't do this, I love you Megan."

My heart broke at her words. A lump forming in my throat, I gently pushed her away, and walked out. I had wanted nothing more than to hear those three words from Skye. But her safety was more important to me.

Sloan watched as my trembling hands reached for some clothes to wear. She knew I wasn't ok, but she also knew I would be less ok if she asked me how I was. So she stood back, and watched as I got ready for this dreadful day.

*********

I could feel his eyes on me, which made it difficult, if not impossible, to focus on the teachers words. No matter how boring his lecture may be. I made sure to text Sloan the entire time with updates. She was out doing errands for the teacher. Arrested she was ready to burst right back in guns a blazing.

But I had a different plan. He already practically knew everything about me. But one thing he didn't know, one thing no one knew really, is I'm great at mind games. So if he wants to try and scare into conforming, then, I'll scare him right back.

It's scary, yes. Dealing with someone who knew so much about me, and me knowing little to nothing about him. One thing I did know, was that he made me lose the person who could potentially be the love of my life. I was not ok with that.

So, I'm going to fight. Fight tooth and nail, until he understands that he has no power over me. That he's just a weak, inconsequential, bastard of a human being. Though its destroying me every time I ignore it when Skye relentlessly texts me. I was scared she may actually try and come to my class to talk to me, though I know her mother is there watching after her.

Turning around, I allowed my eyes to meet with his. He had this dead look in his eyes, and it gave me chills. I didn't let it show though. I needed to keep my composure if this was going to work. I had already planned this through to the end. It was a three day process.

Day one: get close enough to reach his bag. Fish out phone. Plant incriminating photos of a child. And a number that belongs to Sloans little cousin that has agreed to let Sloan and mystery guy have a 'conversation.' Plant texts.

Day two: show little cousins mother.

Day three: bye bye mystery guy.

Sitting in class, Sloan came up with a wonderful plan. There are recruiters visiting today, going around to different classes, talking to different students. Sloan is sneaking in Chase, to pose as a recruiter. Chase will then take Mystery guy out into a hall, and proceed to talk to him. Distracting him long enough for me to stealthily sneak into his bag, and snake out his phone.

The only problem? I was surrounded by about thirty other students.

Solution? Sloans close friend on the squad, I honestly forgot her name, agreed to pose as another distraction.

I didn't really know how she was going to do that, but, I was hoping it was good enough to distract all of the students, and the teacher, long enough for me to grab the phone.

Coming in right on time, Chase, dressed in a nice polo, and some slacks. He asked the teacher if he could talk to someone from the class. Pointing to mystery guy, he held the door open and allowed him to walk out in front of him. I watching through the glass of the door as they disappeared down the hall.

As if it were clockwork, there was a shrill screech, and the flipping of a desk. She was faking a seizure? Her body was thrashing madly. Everyone in the class, gathered around to watch.

Jumping out of my seat, I walked over to a seat behind my desk. And searched through his bag. I still didn't know his name, but I saw it on his paper. Brian Alvarez? That name sounds some what familiar, but I can't know for sure. Feeling his phone, I quickly took it out. Joining the crowd, I watched as Sloan's friend slowed her movements when she saw me.

She subtly winked at me, as the nurse came in, and wheeled her out to wait for the ambulance. She was a great actress. I had to remember to thank her later.

The bell rang just as Chase returned with Brian. Giving him a sly smirk, I walked out to Sloan's car. Where she was waiting. My mind was still racing, with what had just happened. Though, my mind did wander back to Skye. The fact I would be seeing her, threw me for a loop.

It had haunted me throughout the day, remembering how she had sounded when I broke things off. I just hoped my plan would work soon enough for her to still want me back. Little did I know, that wouldn't be a problem. As soon as Sloan and I walked in the door, Skye was sitting on the couch.

Sloan looked at me, nodded, then walked away. That little devil.

I prepared myself for whatever she was about to say.

Which scared me the most. Because I couldn't handle anything about us. She confuses me, scares me, flatters me. And I love it. I love her.

I allowed her to grab my hand, and guide me to her room. I needed to be careful about this though. I didn't know whether or not if Brian would be watching. This whole thing made me extremely paranoid.

I sat, and I watched. Until finally, she spoke.

To be continued.............