Chapter 28

Megans POV

"Wake up!" Sloan yelled, managing to push me off the bed completely. Which hurt I might add. For carpeted floor, it hurt like hell. 

Glaring at her, I slowly stood up. It's close to being Halloween, so of course people are already planning parties. Even though it's basically a month away. I guess people are just really excited to dress as whores and nobody say anything to them about it. 

"What time is it even?" I asked, taking my phone off the charger, I returned to glaring at Sloan. It was only Tuesday, and here Sloan was waking me up at the asscrack of dawn. "Why are we waking up sk early?" I asked, getting up to brush my hair and teeth. 

"We're catching a ride with Skye, I have a district meet this afternoon. I told you." She said, making a face that said otherwise.

I tried not to make it obvious that my mood had improved at the mention of Skye's name. For the past couple of days, we've seemed to have grown closer. With secret stares between classes. Our little moments, where either her or I would be staring and would get caught. I was working up my nerve to telling Sloan about us. And Skye was nothing but supportive and understanding. 

There were times where Skye and I had gotten into arguments. Nothing too big or anything though. It was normally whenever Evan would bother Sloan and I in class. She would get angry that I wouldn't let her 'beat his ass to a pulp.' And I would say how I didn't think he was worth her getting suspended or expelled. She would apologize and we would get on with our lives.

We hadn't gotten too intimate. Just a lot of heated make-out sessions. Some part of me thought that it was because she didn't want me. Not the way I did her. It's still something I think from time to time, but I know it's not true. She's different when she's with me. Like, when we're truly alone. She doesn't use sarcasm to hide herself. She tell me things. She hasn't completely opened up to me I'm sure, but she tells me how she feels about things.

She was honest with the fact that she didn't like me talking to Dylan. He and I got to talking, and once I actually got to know him, I didn't find him as annoying. He was pretty cool, and we became friends. Which I assured Skye of. 

She wasn't the jealous type. Not at all. She was just protective. She doesn't trust anyone except for me, partially, and her family. Well, her parents and her sister. 

"Would y'all hurry up!" I heard Skye yell up the stairs. I grabbed my bag and headed down the stairs. 

I couldn't help but smile as I looked at her. Meeting my eyes, she smirked. Her eyes roaming over my face. She did this a lot. She would stare at me like I was some precious gem. At first it made me feel self conscious. But now, it made me happy. Thinking that Skye thought so much of me. 

"You ready to go?" She asked slowly, staring down at my lips. It made it so hard not to pounce on her lips when she did this. 

"Yeah." I said. As I was about to lean in, Sloan came bounding down the stairs. It really was getting harder and harder to control myself around her. 

**************

Sitting in third period, I was dreading the fact that Sloan had to be a dang cheerleader. Leaving me alone in a class where she was the only person I would talk to. 

I decided texting Skye would at least help ease my boredom.

Me: hey:)

Her response came soon after. That's another thing I liked about Skye. She responded quickly. I'm very impatient when it comes to waiting for someone to text back.

Skye: hey

Me: what are you doing? 

Skye: sitting here, doing nothing. You?