Chapter 21

You didn't actually think that happened did you?

No. One could wish. It turned out completely different. Instead of her actually hearing me out she just slammed the door in my face. Leaving me alone in the hall. But I wasn't going to give up that easy.

I stayed outside her door for hours, and when she finally came out, she nearly tripped over me. "Jesus Megan!"

"Will you finally talk to me?"

"No." Brushing past me, she bounded down the stairs. Following her, I stood back a few feet. I didn't want to get too close. I just wanted to understand why she was upset. In my little weird daydream, it turned out a whole lot different than this.

"Why won't you talk to me?"

"Because I can't stand to look at you." Her words cut through me like a knife. Acting as a fuse to the rage I've been feeling about this whole thing.

"I'm sorry, you can't stand looking at me?" Stepping into the kitchen I blocked her way out. I wanted to man sure she heard what I had to say. "As I seem to recall, I have done nothing but try to be your friend, and you have been treating me like I kicked your puppy or something. And yes, I get what I said was fucked up, and I'm sorry for that. If I could take it back I would. But I'm not the only one WO needs to apologize. You owe me an explanation." Narrowing my eyes, I watched as Skye searched for the right words.

"I'm sorry." She said quietly, shifting her eyes to the floor.

"What's been going on?"

"Nothing." Staring her down, she continued. "Its nothing. I've just been in a mood is all."

"Well, are you done ignoring me?"

"No."

"Skye."

"Yes."

"Promise?"

"Yeah."

"Are we good?"

"Yeah."

Smiling, I walked away and to Sloans room. I felt good that whatever was going on between Skye and I is behind us. It was really starting to get under my skin. Her ignoring me and me not knowing what I did. I felt like there was more behind it, but I didn't want to pry. She would tell me on her own time. I hope.

"Took you long enough."

"Well, she slammed the door in my face, so I waited her out." She looked confused, so I told her what happened. She seemed happier knowing that her sister and best friend were kinda friends.

If only she knew about my crazy daydream. Actually, now that I think about it, I started freaking out about it.

What does it mean? That I like Skye? That I have feelings for her? 'Cause of course I like her, but just as a friend right? Of course its just as a friend. I'd be crazy. Getting feeling for my best friends sister. Especially since I already promised her I wouldn't.

Besides, she's already with Bailey. No matter how much I hate the idea of it, even if I did have feelings for her, I can't ask her to cheat.

"So, tomorrow is the big game. Who are you going with?" Sloan has been excited about this game for the longest time. Its the home game against her boyfriends school. She wanted to show off for him.

"Me, Myself, And I." I answered. Earning a slap to the back of my head.

"Fine, since you and my sister are on good terms now, you can go with her."

"What about Bailey?"

"What about her?"

"Won't she get upset?"