Crying over people

When I was ten, I cried over a guy because he friendzoned me. I've never been the type of girl who "tries" to dissimulate by crying in her school's public restroom, much less the one who starts to cry in class. I prefer the privacy of my bedroom, where I can curse, insult, yell, scream names, or just drop my tears on my pillow. But as I grew up, and after one time a song reminded me of a guy and made me cry in public, I decided doing so was pathetic. Why? Because if you're crying over the breakup you had and you are fifteen, well, what did you expect? It's not like you guys were going to marry or you were pregnant! So, when I saw girls on the restrooms crying their faces off or movies where the girl started to cry in the middle of her class and her classmates ran to aid her, I started to think "You're pathetic".

But today I've learned a leason. Not all relationships are that easy. Some have taken years to build, others are very appreciated, other really have a future, or maybe there's already a product of a night's passion. Whatever the reason is, there are real relationships between young people. And if those relationships are broken, well, it hurts a lot. It's losing something you thought was stable, something that was already in your daily life, almost part of your routine. It's like losing a tooth - it'll hurt when it falls. And then comes the hardest part: deal with the pain of knowing it's not there anymore. Personally, I've never been through that situation, the only breakup I've experienced was when I broke up with my last boyfriend almost a year ago, and I cried for a few minutes before accepting I needed it and I wanted it. Panda, if you ever read this, I'm sorry, but you know I had my reasons.

Back to the topic, I learned today that some lost relationships are worth crying. And, you know, crying is good. It helps you release all those bad feelings, and eventually you feel better. And even if I'm a I-cry-alone person, I suggest you get your bff, your pet and some chocolate. Not all things are worth doing by yourself, and some company could help. Don't worry to look pathetic with your bestie or your pet, they'll understand (or well, they're supposed to) cry as long as you need, eat chocolate until you can't stuff a single bar in your mouth, hug your plushies 'till their eyes pop out... Whatever makes you feel better. But please, do it in private! Don't go screaming on the bus! Don't start weeping in the restroom! STOP CUTTING YOURSELVES AT THE GROCERY STORE'S RESTROOM, REALLY, THAT SUCKS!

If you need to share your feelings to your bestie on the bus, do it quietly and calmly. If you need to cry a bit in the restroom, check there's no one around and cry softly. Sometimes you'll have to be brave and gulp down your tears, wait until the moment comes. Being strong can help you become a better person, and meanwhile, you can even analyze the situation a lot further, maybe even finding there are no reasons to cry.

In the end, crying is a totally natural and human reaction to loss or sadness (and, heck, even to happiness!)  so don't feel bad of doing so in the right place and the right people. Containing yourself, being strong and brave will help you overcome many situations a lot better, and by the way you'll be a better citizen by not disturbing your neighbors.

This would be the rant of the day! More like a moral speech to me tho :v
Comment! Is it really annoying when people cry in public, or is it just me? It annoys me 'cause I think it's and exaggeration and a complete act from a possible attention baby.

Thanks for reading!
With lots of chocolate, hugs and love;
Squirrely, the author.