22 5B

People were still outside, screaming and running from the beast. Scott grabs my shoulder, and turns me to face him. A panicked but determined look on his face.

"I'll hold it off, you run"

I shake my head; no way was I going to let him throw himself at the beast like some petty distraction "You realize that's going to get you killed! You can't fight the beast all by yourself!"

He shrugs "I can hold it off long enough for you to get everyone out of here"

My eyes widen "Scott, I am not letting you do that. You know I can't just sit back and watch you walk to potential death" he shook his head "that's what I've been doing for the past three years" I shake my head "I can't let you go"

He looks at me sternly "I'm not just going to sit here and do nothing, you know I can't. Please, just get out of here safely. If it gets too much, I'll fall back"

I nod my head reluctantly, I knew that I couldn't change his mind. "I hate this plan", I really do" He offers a small smile "I'll be fine, I can take care of myself"

I open the door slightly, and look out. All I see is a sea of people running to get out "okay, here goes nothing"

I slip out of the room, and into the current of fast moving people. Shoving my way though.

Not long after, someone grabs me and shoves me against the wall "ouch!" I shout at my attacker

"Where's stiles?"

I realize it's Malia who is holding me. She lets me go when she recognizes me "how am I supposed to know?" I snap, angry that she shoved me. "Sorry" she said, clearly not sorry.

"He couldn't have gone far, he can't run that far" I reassure her.

She nods "true. Where's Scott?" I sigh "long story. We have to get these people out of here"

"I need to find Stiles"

I roll my eyes slightly "Stiles can take care of himself. He might not be able to run, but he can take care of himself" my words didn't sound convincing "These people however, not so much"

"Fine. I'll call Braeden" she says, taking her phone out. I nod, agreeing "I'll go with you"

• • •

Several minutes later, she shows up with a huge gun "come on! Where is it?" She shouts.

I run to the library, Braeden and Malia close behind me. I go to where the loud growls were coming from. I slam the doors open, and gasp at the scene in front of me. Scott was beaten up badly, lying on the ground cowering away from the beast. The beast barely had a scratch.

Braeden cocks her gun, and starts shooting. The beast howls, and jumps though the window, clearly done with fighting for now.

Braeden helps Scott up "did you really think you stood a chance against that thing?" I shoot Scott a look. He shakes his head "no, but at least I got its scent"

• • •

"So Corey just took Mason and ran? What was he thinking!" I say to myself