17:5B

Quick note before you start reading:

I'll be able to update a little bit more now that spring break is
starting next week, so expect at least one or two more chapters :)

"Why would you do that to her!" I yell at my mother "it's the right thing for her! They'll take good care of her!" I snort and shake my head at my mother "yeah, sure. A mental hospital can take good care of her, because there isn't any really sick people in there who are way worse than her and might try and hurt her!" I rub my eyes in frustration "she's probably scared out of her mind in there" my mother raises an eyebrow "have you not seen your sister? She is literally out of her mind! She is unresponsive! She can't even talk to us!"

I round on her "so? What happens when she wakes? Is she just going to stay in there? Are you even going to take her back? Or is this to much of a burden for you? That's why you put her in there right? Because you couldst've taken care of her?"

My mother gasps at me "how could you say that?" She snaps at me. I groan "what are they doing to her? Shock therapy?" I ask sarcastically, when I don't get a response, my eyes widen "you signed my sister up to get shock therapy? What else? Drilling holes into her, stabbing her until they hit a nerve?" My mom shrugs "whatever they do to wake her up! I don't care! Jut as long as she wakes up"

I look at my mother with pure disgust "you don't care? What if they damage her brain trying to wake her up? What if they cause her so much pain that she need will wake up! What if she dies? Did you not take that into account!"

I turn on my heel and leave, not wanting nor wanting a response from my mother.

I exit my house, and my phone buzzes. It's a text from Scott

"Meet at my house, we found something out"

I quickly jump into my car and speed over to his house. Scott lets me in and I follow him upstairs to find Stiles there. I raise an eyebrow but I do t say anything.

"Come take a look at this" Scott shows me the footage from the other night. Apparently Hayden and her sister saw the Beast and a telecom station

I watch and slightly jump when I see the beast. The beast runs off, no doubt chasing Hayden and Liam. "That thing looks scary"

Scott sighs "did you notice anything weird about it all?"

I shake my head "why? The huge thing coming out of that place wasn't weird enough for you?"

Scott shakes his head "something else, you saw the technician go in, but then how did the beast get in there?"

I nod "one person went in, but two came out"

Scott nods "that's why we're going there right now, to find how that extra person got in there"

• • •

"There!" I point my flashlight over to the corner of the underground 'room'

In the corner, there's a grate, but a filling cabinet is in the way. Scott nods his head and puts his flashlight down.

Scott tries to lift the cabinet, but can't. The disappointment on his face broke my heart "here" Stiles and I come to help him, and together we lift the whole thing up "ugh, guys I think I lifted that whole thing!" I slap stiles In the arm, trying to lighten the mood between Stiles and Scott.

Scott goes down first, and I follow him. "Look!" I point to the Mercury on the floor, and on the wall in Mercury is printed "Damnatio Memoraie" "hey, Stiles. Hold the light so I can take a picture"

I go to pull out my phone but Suddenly the light slips from Stiles's hand. Standing behind him is Tracy.

I shove Scott to the side, and dodge Tracy's attempt to punch me. I growl, feeling my claws slide out as I try to kick Tracy's legs out from under her, but Tracy grabs my leg and flips me onto my back, knocking the wind out of me.

"Allie watch out!" I look and see another chimera Josh, charged with electricity. Thinking quickly, I shove Tracey into josh, and he is paralyzed by Tracey, and Tracey shocked with electricity.

From the corner of my eye, I see Cory transform from being camouflaged against the wall. I turn to him and let out a low growl. But Cory backs up, fear written across his face.

Theo steps out from a dark corner "they aren't really ready to face a Reaper yet" Theo turns to Cory "you do realize that she smells fear?" Cory looks at my fangs and claws "but she has claws! And fangs!"

I feel myself turn back, looking at Cory "aren't you supposed to be dead?"

Theo answers me "I don't take rejects well" Theo takes a step closer to me, but Scott drags me behind him. Theo smiles "Scott, when are you going to realize that I'm on your side?" Theo wipes the words away "we're just going to pretend to be normal teenagers during they day, but at night? We'll be fighting for our lives, and it won't be easy being on two different sides"

Scott takes a step closer "there's a teenager behind that thing" Theo shakes his head "not anymore"

• • •

Scott and I help a paralyzed Stiles sit up "I remember the words, it means condemnation of memory" Scott looks at him with confusion "it means the Dread Doctors didn't make a new chimera, they resurrected one"

Scott draws something in the dirt "If Theo has a pack, then that means we need ours back. Every single one of them."

Stiles nods "you have me" They all look to me "yeah, you have me too" Stiles and I finish the symbol in the dirt, our pack symbol. Scott helps Stiles up "but I still hate the tattoo" I smile at Stiles. This is a good start, a start to get out pack back.