13

Chewing my chipped fingernails is all I've done so far. Lydia is helping Corey and I'm just sitting here,

"Hey" I whip my head up, almost hitting Lydia in the proses, who was crouched down in front of me "are you alright?" I don't say anything for a while "I don't think anyone is okay right now. Some of us worse than others. I'm worried about Scott the most... he must think he has to save all of us from this, but what will that cost? His life? And stiles, he isn't himself, but then we all aren't. What about you? As the banshee of the group we all depend on you to find the bodies, give us clues. But we don't know what happened to you in surgery"

I take a deep breath "and Malia, the desert wolf is still out there. And I'm scared she will never feel safe while her own mother is alive! What about Kira? She can't control whatever she is, what if next time she can't control herself she kills one of us?"

Lydia face softens "what about you? Are you not worried about yourself?" I go to say no, but that's not the truth. "Yes, I'm terrified all the time, I don't sleep, I can barely eat, I jump at every loud noise there is. Whenever one of you guys leave my sight, I worry if that's the last time I'll ever see you again"

Lydia shakes her head "you shouldn't have to be this afraid" I sigh, tears forming in both of our eyes "I can't lose you, I can't lose someone I could've saved, not again " The people I could've saved meant the world to both Lydia and I. Allison, the only friend that I could spill all my supernatural worries too and would be able to keep it a secret.

"You couldn't have saved her or Aiden that night. You were helping me" Lydia wipes away a stray tear from my pale cheek.

The screen door suddenly bursts open,our heads turn as Scott angrily walks in, not stopping to talk to us "Scott? Scott! what are you doing?" I call out

He doesn't answer, instead, heading to the room Cory is in. I run after him, tripping over the rug.

I enter the room, but it's to late. Scott's claws are already in the back of Corey's neck, his eyes glowing red.

The sound of people climbing the stairs is soon followed, Theo, Malia and stiles enter the room "what's he doing?" Theo asks, taking a step towards them

"Don't" I grab his arm, pulling him back "he's tapping into his memories, to find out where the doctors are hiding" at least that's what I think...

Scott takes his claws away from a very pissed off Corey, and starts drawing the place

"It was like it was underground, water everywhere" Scott tries to explain "it's an underground water plant, I used to go skateboarding down there, until my dad caught me down there" stiles says

Scott goes to leave "then let's go" Stiles stops him "We should think this through, what if it's a trap?"

Scott pulls his arm away "I am thinking! Thinking that Liam and Hayden are already dead!"

I flinch at how loud his voice is, and how pain filled it is "I'm coming with you" I say, stepping away from my spot beside Theo

"No you aren't" Lydia says, grabbing my wrist "yes I am! I am not going to let someone else die who doesn't need to, as much of a pain Liam is, I will not let him die, or Hayden"

Lydia retracts her arm, an unreadable expression on her face "be safe, for me" I offer her a small smile, before following Scott,Mason and Malia out the door

• • •

"We should split up, cover more ground" Malia says, taking the tunnel that goes straight ahead

"I'll go right" I say, taking the right tunnel.

I can hear Mason calling out to Liam and Hayden, but he gets no answer

I start lightly jogging, trying to find Scott or Malia

I collide into a strong stomach, and fall to the ground. Well, found Scott.

I help myself up, to see Scott leaning on the wall, wheezing "Scott, you need your inhaler" he shakes his head "d-do you hear that?" Just the sound of Malia and Mason breathing heavily beside me

"Come on!" Scott shouts, running off down the tunnel. But he shortly falls to the ground, barely breathing "Scott, you need your inhaler" reaching in his pocket, he fumbles for the inhaler. Using it, he sighs in dismay "I don't think they're here"

"Come on,let's go" Mason offers a hand to Scott, after a few seconds, he takes it.

• • •

"You found them?" I couldn't believe it, thank god for Theo... He engulfs me in a hug, which I gladly return "at the abandoned house"

I look over his shoulder, everyones attention is to Liam and Hayden sleeping. Pulling away from the hug, I wrap my arms around his neck "thank you" he leans closer to me "no problem" I close the space between us, kissing him.

He pulls away "would you kiss me even if they were looking?" I smile up at him "probably not"

He smirks "yes or no" I pretend to think hard about it "no"

"Well, I would"
and with that, he kissed me again.

__________________________

Ugh, today was the first day of school. There's so many tall people at my school, I feel so short lmao.

-Lauren