07

I wake up to my head slamming onto the table. I must have fallen asleep waiting for visiting hours to start...

I hear my mothers high heels clicking on the floor. Two cups of coffee in her hand

"Oh honey you look terrible!" She squeals, setting down the two cups "thanks mom" I mumble.

I've been here ever since Lydia has been in the hospital, which was all weekend, just waiting to see her. I take the cup in my hands, the warm liquid warming my cold hands. I take a sip but burn my tongue.

"You should go home, skip school today, get some rest" my mom suggests, but I know there is no negotiating. I don't protest, I was not in the mood to put up with school "alright. I'll see you later then" I get up from my seat, my mom kisses my forehead "feel better. Your sister will be alright"

I exit the hospital, glad to breath clean air instead of the germ filled hospital air.

I forgot I didn't drive to the hospital, but I didn't want to bother my mother when I know she wants to spend her time with Lydia.

• • •

I'm glad I brought a jacket with me, because it's freezing outside. The cold air stings my once warm cheeks, but it wakes me up.

My feet stop moving once I see the familiar building of the vet. Maybe Deaton has answers to what's happening to me,

The sign says closed, but everyone ignores that. Pushing the door open, I'm greeted with a blast of warm air

"I think I'm going to have to get a better closed sign" Deaton says from the back

"Sorry. Its just I have a question, and I think you have an answer" I say as I walk to the back

"What's your question?" He asks, setting down a tool of some sorts

"I think there's something... wrong with me" I let the words that have been haunting my mind for the past two days.

"What makes you say that?"

"Something happened at the station. That something being I had claws, and fangs. And Lydia said my eyes turned grey. I've been thinking about it, am I a werewolf? I know Banshees are immune to the bite. And I haven't been bitten. Do you know what I am?"

There was a pause, that turned into what seemed like years of silence before Deaton responded

"I've only met one other like you. And she didn't survive the first turn. What's happening to you, it's not because your a werewolf or anything. I think what's happening to you isn't permanent. But that's all I know for certain"

I sigh, well there is something wrong with me. But it can go away?

"How does it go away?" I ask him, do I need a cure or something?

"Jackson turned into the kanima because it reflected his personality. I think the reason this is happening to you is because something changed in you. Something you need to figure out on your own"

I already know the answer. Ever since Tracy turned into the experiment she is. It's done something to me. Took away something about me. And I need to get it back.